Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

They're probably trying to big it up a lot because the 3DS is out in a couple of weeks, and they'll want you to spend money on this as well.

I must admit, I'll give this a miss. Was a huge fan of Pokémon, back when I was 12, but since then I've never really thought of it as one of Nintendo's OMGMUSTHAVE franchises. Certainly not in the same vein as a Mario, Zelda or Metroid anyway.

Regardless, some of the features that are in Black/White do look interesting. Never going to buy it though. Fond memories of playing Red/Blue/Yellow should stay as they are.

...I did play Fire Red though. That was good :)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Pretty sure they've done events for other Pokemon releases though it's been a while since the last main game entry so I don't really remember.

Will probably pick up a copy on payday, can never have enough excellent RPGs.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:They're probably trying to big it up a lot because the 3DS is out in a couple of weeks, and they'll want you to spend money on this as well.
You're forgetting that the two will be aimed at different markets: The 3DS will have the attention of older fans who have an income while Pokémon will be top of the wish list of the youngsters whose parents don't want to spend £230 on a new console.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:You're forgetting that the two will be aimed at different markets: The 3DS will have the attention of older fans who have an income while Pokémon will be top of the wish list of the youngsters whose parents don't want to spend £230 on a new console.
It's a clever move by Nintendo. Keep the young ones occupied until a slight price drop so the parents don't rally against them
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:It's a clever move by Nintendo. Keep the young ones occupied until a slight price drop so the parents don't rally against them
Exactly, you can't run a company for over 100 years and not have picked up a few marketing tricks along the way.
KnuxyTheEchidna
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KnuxyTheEchidna »

Gavvie wrote:They're probably trying to big it up a lot because the 3DS is out in a couple of weeks, and they'll want you to spend money on this as well.

I must admit, I'll give this a miss. Was a huge fan of Pokémon, back when I was 12, but since then I've never really thought of it as one of Nintendo's OMGMUSTHAVE franchises. Certainly not in the same vein as a Mario, Zelda or Metroid anyway.

Regardless, some of the features that are in Black/White do look interesting. Never going to buy it though. Fond memories of playing Red/Blue/Yellow should stay as they are.

...I did play Fire Red though. That was good :)
Don't live in the past look toward the future Pokemon black and white... S for radio Sega; the voice of radio Sega, loves the oldies but the oldies are a bit in all the music and all the games we enjoy now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNaroK ... e=youtu.be

Im back fools! Die! Evil cream has returned!

https://wolfduckshirtsandgames.wordpress.com/

Support the new game

epic mickey has one truth to gaming:

eggman: thanks to the judicial system I am eggman brown ah heart failure
Cream- im an evil flying bunny
amy- totally sold my soul to get sonic but satan tricks me in 06 then i get replaced with sakura from naruto's transformation jutsu yep heck
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

KnuxyTheEchidna wrote:Don't live in the past look toward the future Pokemon black and white... S for radio Sega; the voice of radio Sega, loves the oldies but the oldies are a bit in all the music and all the games we enjoy now.
I didn't understand a word of that.
KnuxyTheEchidna
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KnuxyTheEchidna »

Kaito-kun wrote:I didn't understand a word of that.
It's a V for Vendetta Joke the voice of Britain. LOL. ROFL. ROFLMAO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNaroK ... e=youtu.be

Im back fools! Die! Evil cream has returned!

https://wolfduckshirtsandgames.wordpress.com/

Support the new game

epic mickey has one truth to gaming:

eggman: thanks to the judicial system I am eggman brown ah heart failure
Cream- im an evil flying bunny
amy- totally sold my soul to get sonic but satan tricks me in 06 then i get replaced with sakura from naruto's transformation jutsu yep heck
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

KnuxyTheEchidna wrote:It's a V for Vendetta Joke the voice of Britain. LOL. ROFL. ROFLMAO!

Ah, ok then...back on topic: less than 12 hours towards Europe's release!
Aw man we have like the end of this weekend for it to come out over here! :P So I'm guessing when it hits with its English translation, there's gonna be even more info we didn't know about yet. :P

Also on a sort of related note: anyone heard about the next pair of movies? Yep, there's Pokemon flicks a comin', the first actual movie for the new season. I'll post up a link if anybody want to know about it.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Pokemon Black/White is offically out in europe. How is the game? I want to know what people think before I decide whether to buy it. I hope it's good anyway.