Summer of Sonic 2010

Post here about events relating to SEGA.

Will you be going to the Summer of Sonic 2010?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Hell yeah!
39%
Maybe.
9%
I can't go / Don't want to go.
39%
What's the Summer of Sonic?
13%

Total votes: 23

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

On Monday, RadioSEGA announced that our very own Gavvie would be a part of the DJ team, along with Turbo, FastFeet, BlitzChris and bmn. We also told you that we would gift you a second, bigger announcement on Sunday. Which is today.

Well, the time is nigh. I'm going to say this right away. This isn't an announcement for people who are attending Summer of Sonic. You're not really going to benefit from this one. You can still join in with the excitement, however.

Last year, Sonic fans who couldn't make it to the Truman Brewery were able to join in by either watching the live feed via the Summer of Sonic website, or they could listen in to the audio feed on SEGASonic Radio. This year, you could do the same.

Or...

You could listen to it on RadioSEGA.

This year, on the 7th August, we're turning the requests off, and we're broadcasting the Summer of Sonic stage audio along with our good friends The Sonic Stadium. That means that if you can't get to SoS, and you're kicking yourselves because you'll miss out on hearing Jun Senoue's acoustic set or Crush 40s first ever live performance in the West, we're giving you a chance to still catch it.

Plus, of course, you'll be getting all the music played during the convention itself.

So let's go over that again. If you can't get to Summer of Sonic, then the best place to hear the goings on from the stage is right here!

I'd like to close this blog off by saying a big thank you to everybody involved with SoS to allow us to co-broadcast the stage audio. It's the perfect way to allow more Sonic fans to get involved in what is arguably the biggest and best convention to date, and we are honoured to be able to help out with that.

See you at SoS!
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

Win!

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Great news; to be honest I wasn't that tempted to trek down to London for this sort of thing (Although meeting RadioSEGA peoples might've been nice) but if I have the day free I may be tempted to have a listen from the comfort of my own home.

By the way, Josh...
Forum Rules wrote:
Do not post spam.

Spam is posts that add nothing to the discussion or simply have no meaning. These are posts which include very few words, or do not related to the topic. You must ensure your reply to each topic is well thought and of adequate length. This rule also includes creating useless topics, and double or triple posting.
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

Kaito-kun wrote: By the way, Josh...

Do not post spam.

Spam is posts that add nothing to the discussion or simply have no meaning. These are posts which include very few words, or do not related to the topic. You must ensure your reply to each topic is well thought and of adequate length. This rule also includes creating useless topics, and double or triple posting.

Let me rephrase myself then:
Josh: Rephrased wrote:OMG RadioSEGA! This is awesome news! I now can't wait for this to happen! I'll so be listening on the stream.
(So used to using "WIN" to express my excitement in a single word)

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

When I gave up all hope on Summer Of Sonic aswell :) Thanks radiosega your the best :)
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I can't go, so I'll definately be listening in! This is great! Thanks!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Will it be available afterwards for memories? :D
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

What time is the broadcasting? I'm in America and obviously can't attend.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

i'll be listening

i dont have the money to make the trip so this is the next best thing

thanks radio sega :D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:What time is the broadcasting? I'm in America and obviously can't attend.
Keep an eye on Twitter. Depends on when the event itself actually starts, so we'll tweet when it's started.

It's supposed to start around 11am BST though, so...