Street Fighter (Series)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Street Fighter (Series)

Post by richarddavies »

Just thought i'd open up a new thread on this with a tidbit of info regarding some possible new fighters for the arcade version of SSFIV thats coming.

http://kotaku.com/5592462/

I wonder who they could be adding if it turns out true?

EDIT: Changed this thread a bit so we can talk about the whole Street fighter series because it's awesome.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:Just thought i'd open up a new thread on this with a tidbit of info regarding some possible new fighters for the arcade version of SSFIV thats coming.

http://kotaku.com/5592462/

I wonder who they could be adding if it turns out true?
I heard about that too, but to be honest I'm dismissing it as an Engrish error. It'd be unfair to release characters to a small portion of the Market. (Arcade gamers, typically found in Japan) Unless Capcom release DLC as well it might not be true. Also, who's left worth adding?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

@Topic:
I don't know yet. It seems reasonable, but Ono stated he wanted to stop working on anything Street Fighter for a while after the release of SSFIV. He also said he was disappointed he couldn't add characters he would've wanted to add.

@Kaito-Kun:
Namely Rolento and R. Mika, as Ono said he was sad to not being able to add them, but also highly requested characters (I think Elena was among them).
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I would bet a shiny penny that if they did bring new characters to it they would also bring them out as DLC. At a guess i'd say it's refering to the multiplayer aspect in the arcade where someone would come up to you and pop in there coins for some 2player action and it'd pop up on screen "here comes a new challenger".
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Sherlock wrote:@Topic:
@Kaito-Kun:
Namely Rolento and R. Mika, as Ono said he was sad to not being able to add them, but also highly requested characters (I think Elena was among them).
...You'd have thought I'd have been awake by 2pm, but no. Good examples; I stand corrected.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I'm not sure. Ono said it was possible to add more characters via DLC, so adding them among the arcade version makes sense.

I'll check SRK.

Edit: No news on that one either, lol.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I always wanted to see Yun, Yang, Kairi, and Doctrine Dark make a comeback. :\ Skullomania would have been cool too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Kairi, D. Dark and Skullomania probably will never come back because Street Fighter EX wasn't developed by Capcom, only licensed by Arika. All characters not originally found in Street Fighter are owned by Arika, not Capcom. Although I do agree a comeback of EX-characters would be awesome.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^That's a shame, I didn't know that. I liked Some of the EX characters, Skullomania in particular.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Yea, Pullum, Doctrine Dark, Skullomania and Area for me. =)

actually, great idea, gonna change avatar in memory of area <3