So what do you drink?

What it says on the tin...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Killer French Bread wrote:You don't have to get rat arsed on hooch, just have half a mild or something. This is what I'm talking about, it seems like you've made it into a big deal when it is just having a drink - one drink.
You are not going to convince me. I have my reasons to dislike alcohol, and just "one drink", is, to me, one drink too much. I loathe the taste of almost all alcoholic beverages, and as said, have had traumatic experiences in the past surrounding alcohol.
When I got - slightly - drunk one single time, I regretted this more than anything else in my life, and I do not wish to go only one step into that direction.

Edit:
And personally, I am a bit concerned that you are trying to convince people to drink alcohol. It's their decision whether or not they are consuming alcohol, and to be quite frank, you shouldn't try to get anybody to consume a drug.

I am a smoker myself, but pretty much everybody who isn't I tell that they shouldn't start smoking because it sucks.

I'm still baffled that drinking alcohol is still socially accepted so much, while smoking is being criminalised and generally frowned upon.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Oh I always force drugs on people me. It's because I'm a litle bit waohh, a little bit wheyyy. At school I'd have a bottle of white ace to hand ready to shove in some kids face while shouting DRINK IT, DRINKIIIIITTTTT!! It's what all English schools are like, don't you get Grange Hill in Russia?
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Oh I always force drugs on people me. It's because I'm a litle bit waohh, a little bit wheyyy. At school I'd have a bottle of white ace to hand ready to shove in some kids face while shouting DRINK IT, DRINKIIIIITTTTT!! It's what all English schools are like, don't you get Grange Hill in Russia?
*Bursts out laughing* Sherlock has a point though, you are being a little pushy; you don't secretly work for the alcohol industry, do you?
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't really care. I don't drink much myself, just when I'm out with mates and I'll have a drink just because it's the done thing. That's why I'm wondering why some of you go against that, because it's probably more effort than getting a few pints down you and it's not like a few beers in moderation is going to do that much harm.
Tic Tac, sir?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Killer French Bread wrote:because it's the done thing
Worst reason for ANYTHING imo.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Nothing wrong with drinking so long as it's not taken to excess. The drink culture in the UK at the moment is far beyond reasonable consumption, the plus side of that is that it's killing off all the thug benefit sucking scum.

I've not got any issues with it, but there you go
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I got a couple of four-packs of Guinness Original that's dated this month. Four 500ml cans = £2.

YES
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I tried Pimms at the Summer of Sonic after party; wasn't that impressed with it though.

Dunno if I mentioned this before, but I really don't like most alcohol because of that horrible burning taste you get from it in your throat and stomach. Pretty much all alcohol has it, except for beers and larger which just taste too bitter to stomach, almost as bad as coffee!

I tried to find a drink that could be mine for awkward social interactions. I tried Baileys, Cider, things that are sweet, but I still don't like that burning sensation. I like Malibu and the smell of rum, rather than the taste, but not enough. Even Shandy can be too strong sometimes :P

But I think I have one now! Archers with lemonade! It's sweet and it doesn't burn, had some at the after party and it was strong, but tasted so nice.. Haha I'm such a wimp when it comes to drinks.