RadioSEGA VIP

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

RadioSEGA VIP - How Much Would You Pay?

£2
62%
£3
19%
£4
No votes
£5
10%
£6
5%
£7
No votes
£8
No votes
£9
No votes
£10
No votes
£11+ (Please State)
5%

Total votes: 21

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

RadioSEGA VIP

Post by Gavvie »

Here's a poll for you. A poll that could very well turn out to be a deciding factor in where this goes.

A few years ago, RadioSEGA VIP was the name given to the membership service which you're all a part of. It didn't give you anything, other than the ability to make requests.

In the future, and I do have to stress the future (this isn't something that's going to appear overnight), I will be looking at relaunching VIP as a Subscription service, with loads of added features on top of what you receive already. Just to help out, here's some of them:

- As a VIP member, you'll gain access to an exclusive forum where you'll be able to chat with other VIP members. You'll also show up on the forums as being a VIP Member.
- VIP members will be invited to participate in Beta testing new RadioSEGA features. You'll be able to provide us with feedback and help us with any changes that may need to occur.
- VIP members will be entered into occasional prize-draws. Prizes will vary, dependant on what swag we can get together.
- VIP members will also be able to make more requests than regular members. Should this feature make its way in, Unregistered visitors will either be able to make fewer requests, or none at all. That's not been decided yet.

As a seperate entity - RadioSEGA Live! hosts will be empowered to give away RadioSEGA VIP memberships as a part of any contests they may choose to run.

--

There's a lot more ideas floating around in my head as well, but until Project 7 launches (which I'm still assured is quite soon), I can't tell you about those.

Here's where YOU come in. Basically, I'm intrigued as to how much you think this is all worth, i.e. How much would you pay? If/When RadioSEGA VIP launches, the results of the poll will be taken into account when we look at pricing. And just to make things extra clear, all the cash raised via VIP Subscription will go back into funding RadioSEGA.

It was easier for me to make the poll using GBP (£), so to aid you non-UKers who don't want to convert the amounts yourself, £1 = US$1.54/1,19€/134 Yen/AU$1.71/CA$1.60/NZ$2.11. Use XE.com if your currency isn't listed in that bit. Also, the poll amounts are per-month. You'll be able to subscribe in 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 month "packs". Depending on the value chosen, we might make 9 and 12 month Subscriptions a little cheaper, but we'll see.

So there you are. The first real news to come from The Gavvie Empire, only the RS staff didn't know I was going to do it XD Feel free to discuss this, and please, if you have any ideas of your own, put them forward! It's gonna be you guys who are subscribing, so we need to tailor it around you!

Thanks for reading.
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

A pint a month (£3) is what I'd pay.

Next thing to think of - how would you collect the cash. Would have to pay in bulk, I couldn't be arsed doing it each month.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

That would be sorted at a later date. One idea I had was to do it via a PayPal link, and whack a comment in saying "Hi, I'm <Insert Username Here>, and I'm paying for X months of VIP". Be manual as opposed to automated, meaning there's got to be an easier way to do it, but that's one way.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

This feature is a tough call, i do understand why you want to do this, the price will also help cover costs overall, but i must stress i have seen things like this happen before and has backfired, TBH i wouldnt mind paying a fee as long as it isnt a large amount. i do love this site, the people in it and the songs, takes a lot to always dedicate time to such things. Gavvie you looked in to advertising? doesnt have to be pages loaded with ads just some bits and pieces to help cover costing
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

We've had advertising before, it didn't really bring the cash in that we wanted.

I'm not trying to make this expensive either. It seems the majority of you are going for £2 so far, and to be fair, that's fine. The additions you're getting will the same no matter how much you pay.

It's like PlayStationPlus. Only better.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

well, maybe a section in the forum with some ad banners all members click on once or twice a week, see how that goes for income. Its interesting you mentioned competitions, maybe do a lottery.. each member buys a number and it gets drawn out, winner gets the prize, say maybe 3 prizes depending on what you can get

Ahh got another one..... Friday night takeover session. a member pays a certain amount and they get to choose the music for the whole night
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

i assume P7 will contain VB4?

im sure vb4 aswell as vb3 has an addon that allows donations to be attributed to an account without the fuss & its fully automatic & various stages can be set via donation or by staff,

i know a vb whizz & can dig up some info if you want?

and i'd suggest £5 for V.I.P & £10 for Super V.I.P (hey theres sonic & super sonic aint there? xD)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

There's some good suggestions there, the takeover one especially.

Whilst we might look at ads again, they would be in addition to this sub service. We're not hinging on this being successful, but whenever we've asked politely for donations we don't seem to get an awful lot. This is a way of rewarding and thanking you for your continued support.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

going back to the ads

isnt there an option to disable them for certain members? (again coming from experience)

VIPs had the option to disable adverts in their CP( i'd always leave em on show & just click em so it did generate some income) so that could be another sweetener to get VIP
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, if we added Ads back in then obviously VIPs would get the options for turning them on or off.

As for VB4, I honestly don't know. Couldn't tell you anything about that.