The TV Thread

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

The TV Thread

Post by Josh »

In the past, we have had a "What are you listening to..." thread, followed by the famous "What are you playing..." thread. This time, let's discuss Television: What's your favorite series and why?

Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I don't actually watch TV all that often, other than the news and some documentaries, especially nature ones.

The only series that I actively watch are Doctor Who, which is finished now, and IT Crowd. Although I watch Futurama as well, but that needs to be downloaded!

See, my hubby has watched loads of TV series, but me, I get bored of watching TV. Games are a lot more interactive, and books are better than TV too. Even films and the cinema get boring, and I think it's because they force you to stay and watch for a set amount of time. True, you can pause, stop, watch it later, but that ruins the flow. With a game and a book you can decide where to stop, with a film or TV show, it isn't as easy to judge, I guess. Maybe I over think it :P

So, I guess my favourite TV series is Doctor Who, as it is the only show on TV that I would not deliberately miss. I really loved the new series with Matt Smith, and whilst I've watched all of the modern series, I haven't watched many of the older ones, just episodes here and there that the hubby puts on, as he is an even bigger fan than me.

It's not a ground breaking show, but I guess it gives us something to watch together ^^
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

I have many. Currently, I enjoy watching Magic Knight Rayearth. After hearing a bit of the soundtrack here on RS, I decided to go watch the show.

The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

DEXTER.

TV quite literally at its finest.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The Captain wrote:DEXTER.

TV quite literally at its finest.
This. I literally have spasm attacks just thinking about the next series that's coming in September im that excited.
vice86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vice86 »

Curb Your Enthusiasm & Eastbound and Down

Great adult comedy. KENNY FU@*@N' POWERS!!!
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

Josh wrote:I have many. Currently, I enjoy watching Magic Knight Rayearth. After hearing a bit of the soundtrack here on RS, I decided to go watch the show.
Just finished Rayearth. Sad ending. I wanted to cry.

TailsPrower98
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TailsPrower98 »

Me,I think that my favorite would have to be Kekkaishi.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Hey! Dave is showing repeats of Robot Wars!!! I feel like a kid again. ^__^ Even if the house robots are always bloody Matilda and Shunt...We want Sir Killalot!!! Craig Charles is always a bit mad too.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

yeah ROBOT WARS WOOO!!

oh how dave just keeps getting better & better, 1st top gear, then red dwarf now this

crystal maze next pls pls pls