Favourite SEGA Soundtrack

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Favourite SEGA Soundtrack

Post by Kaito-kun »

Considering this is a site celebrating not only SEGA, but also SEGA music I'm surprised no-one has thought of this thread before. A simple question; what's your favourite SEGA soundtrack and why?
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Sonic and the Black Knight. just pure awesome soundtrack because crush 40 did 4 songs for it initially but now its 5
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

That's a really tough question because there are just so many fantastic soundtracks out there, especially from Sonic Team.

I'm really fond of soundtracks which define and complement the world they are set in, for example, Skies of Arcadia and especially Panzer Dragoon Saga, which has one of the most unique and haunting soundtracks I've ever heard.

But I still love the music to Sonic 3.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Jet Set Radio Future :) it's full of awesome dance/techno tracks that are well...they're regular songs, so I don't feel like a nerd when they're playing in the car.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

SEGA are musical masterminds when it comes to there soundtracks for there games. I don't have a fave but I could listen to SA2 and resonance of fate over again without getting bored.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

JET SET RAAAAAAAADIOOOOOO. And Future. Naganuma is just an awesome composer. Guy could start doing his own albums instead of wasting his talent on SEGA who'll never make a sequal to the games where he shined.
Gonic wrote:SEGA are musical masterminds when it comes to there soundtracks for there games. I don't have a fave but I could listen to SA2 and resonance of fate over again without getting bored.
I don't have alot of good things to say about Tri-Ace mostly in part due to their abysmal Star Ocean series but Motoi Sakuraba who they tend to hire for all their games is a really good composer.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

This is a hard one. May favs has to go to Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio (and Future), and NiGHTS (and its sequel). Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) and Phantasy Star Online & Universe are honorable mentions.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Gonic wrote:SEGA are musical masterminds when it comes to there soundtracks for there games. I don't have a fave but I could listen to SA2 and resonance of fate over again without getting bored.
Resonance of Fate has a really awesome soundtrack too. A nice mix of orchestral music with some fantastic rocking beats when the battles start :biggrin: Gotta love it.
TailsPrower98
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TailsPrower98 »

um.to me my favorite soundtrack is True blue:Best of Sonic the Hedgehog.I love how it has most of the new generation songs.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Probably one of the 80s arcade games like Space Harrier or After Burner 2.
Tic Tac, sir?