RadioSEGA App?/App that can play RadioSEGA?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Gavvie wrote:On the Android side of things, as I remember SD mentioning Cherry RPlayer a while back, there's another free App called TuneIn Radio which is fairly good.

I gave it a short test about a week or so ago, and the only negative I could find was that it dropped the connection a lot, but then I was on the walk up to the train station so that might have had something to do with it.

It also does local radio stations as well, which is something CRP doesn't do. Might be worth a look for free.
When I recently updated to Froyo, I was having problems downloading Cherry Rplayer so went back to XiiaLive (which was previously known as DroidLive). I always liked the UI but it had some compatibility issues in the past. However, despite the fact that I now have Cherry Rplayer installed, I'm still using XiiaLive to listen to RadioSEGA and SSR.

XiiaLive is available in a free Lite version or the ad free version is $3.99. Frankly, the Lite version is good enough.

Another option us Android guys and gals!
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

For those who own Android phones, can you test Winamp for Android? Because I think this is as closer as we can get to have RadioSEGA on the phone. o:
I live here now!
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Shadid wrote:For those who own Android phones, can you test Winamp for Android? Because I think this is as closer as we can get to have RadioSEGA on the phone. o:
Test it? I can do better than that as I use it all the time! While Shoutcast is supported in the latest update, for some reason RS is not showing in the directory. I will try and find out why.

For now I still recommend XiiaLive (as I'm sitting on a bus listening to RS right now using it!)
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

As my earlier post recommending Cherry Rplayer was recently used as reference on these forums, I've updated it with the following text regarding XiiaLive, along with Android Market links now it's on the web.
ResidentSD wrote: [UPDATE 1/3/2011] Since I wrote this post back in August, another media player has come to the fore on Android and I would recommend it over Cherry Rplayer. It's called XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive) and, since a few recent updates, is now my favourite media player on the platform and I listen to RadioSEGA with it regularly without problems. The only reason I never recommended it before is that it wasn't universally compatible with the various different radio streams I regularly consume. However, it now plays everything I throw at it, so I recommend you use that as your first port of call on Android.

To download the free ad-supported version goto https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... idLiveLite either on your computer or on your phone. There is also an ad-free version for ~£2.48 which you can purchase via https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... LivePlayer. Once you download it, simply select 'Search' and type in 'RadioSEGA' in the search box. Enjoy!
Further to the above post, I have no idea why RadioSEGA is not showing in the Shoutcast station list in Winamp for Android. I have no idea why as RS shows in the Shoutcast directory and in other apps (as noted in my recommendation of XiiaLive). Unlike other streaming media apps, Shoutcast doesn't add itself as an available program in the browser either, so you can't add it manually.

Hopefully one day Nullsoft will sort that out, as Winamp is amazing. It's the best media player I've used on Android and it's only real problem is it's lack of RadioSEGA!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'm still using TuneIn Radio for RS and SSR goodness, mainly because it actually supports radio stations from around the world.

Actually, I was listening to British Forces Radio the other day. Was intrigued to hear what our troops have got to endure whilst they're off "saving" the world. Don't think James Blunt or Hot Chocolate are somehow inspiring...
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

Holy shit I can do this from my branded fruit phone.

Ok it's seriously easy, just bookmark the Listen to RadioSEGA page and then as descroned below, just click on the shoutcast link and away you go. So easy.
on my iPhone its just a matter of going to this site in Safari, clicking on the Listen to RadioSEGA nav button at the top and then clicking "listen now" under shoutcast...it opens a new window and uses quicktime to play the stream...there's just no way to save that stream link as a homepage app icon like you can for regular sites.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

I'm not sure how many of you follow me on twitter but I've started dabbling with Android development at work. As I'm coding what is to be Project 7, I'll look into some hooks that an app could potentially latch onto for things like requests.

You never know, there maybe a RadioSEGA Android app on the way soon...
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I look forward to that, make listening easier :D