RadioSEGA App?/App that can play RadioSEGA?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
vice86
Level 1
Level 1

RadioSEGA App?/App that can play RadioSEGA?

Post by vice86 »

you guys ever think of making a RadioSega app for iPhone and other mobile devices? I know you can just navigate to the "Listen to RadioSEGA" section thru Safari but I think it would be pretty cool to have a good looking app that has a built in player that allows requests and also has the latest facebook/twitter updates and stuff like that.

Only thing is Apple might have a problem with "sega" in the title.

Just wondering.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I think publishing apps is really expensive though...the dev tools have a big annual fee
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

How easy is it to access the site on a iPhone? Can you access it through normal smart-phones too?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:How easy is it to access the site on a iPhone? Can you access it through normal smart-phones too?
Super easy, just type it into google & fave it.

Whether you can listen to it or not I don't know as the Stream's offline atm.
vice86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vice86 »

Rayne wrote:I think publishing apps is really expensive though...the dev tools have a big annual fee
Didn't think about that...i have no idea what goes into making/costs of an app...just thought it would be cool if they had one.
CapnCloudchaser wrote:How easy is it to access the site on a iPhone? Can you access it through normal smart-phones too?
on my iPhone its just a matter of going to this site in Safari, clicking on the Listen to RadioSEGA nav button at the top and then clicking "listen now" under shoutcast...it opens a new window and uses quicktime to play the stream...there's just no way to save that stream link as a homepage app icon like you can for regular sites.

I tried searching Radio Sega through the Shoutcast app and nothing comes up.

Not sure about non-smart phones.

I'm lucky and grandfathered into the "unlimited" data plan on ATT so I don't have to worry about bandwidth use...i can easily do 4-5GB a month...now they limit you to 200mb or 2GB and you have to pay I think $10 per mb/gb you go over or something like that.

EDIT by Gavvie: Double post. If you need to add something to a previous post, please press "Edit". Ta!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

The best way to use the forums on an iphone/ipod is Tapatalk. It's an app Mark told us about a year ago, I think. You can find it on the app store too.
More info here.
vice86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vice86 »

I tried the free taptalk...didn't like it. Maybe I didn't give it a chance.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

vice86 wrote:I tried the free taptalk...didn't like it. Maybe I didn't give it a chance.
It's not the best thing in the world but it makes it easier for you to use the forums on an ipod/iphone. It's not the prettiest thing either but it's practical in my opinion.
vice86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vice86 »

Kool Chao wrote:It's not the best thing in the world but it makes it easier for you to use the forums on an ipod/iphone. It's not the prettiest thing either but it's practical in my opinion.
yeah, i think i didn't like how it looked...the main forum I'm on loads pretty decent on my iPhone so I just use that. Not having FLASH sucks though..a lot of "good" sites I can't visit on my phone.

So tempted by the Droid X...but that's a whole different thread..lol.

finding RadioSEGA again has put me into a Sega game music kick...new playlist on my iPod :)

EDIT by Gavvie: Double Post. Again.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wasn't an app hinted at as a part of the ghostly "Project 7"? Or has my memory gone all fuzzy?