Summer of Sonic live

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Summer of Sonic live

Post by Shockerbey »

is anyone having trouble connecting to the stream to listen to radio sega live today (saturday) casue it keeps telling me that its "offline" is this happening to anyone else and isit fixable
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Yeah, my connection is is having a few problems too.

I just wonder if the show will be available for download afterwards. I hope so. I couldn't get up early enough to start listening from the beginning.
TailsPrower98
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TailsPrower98 »

I missed the entire show;(
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Well, I missed almost all of it, but I'm watching a recording of Crush 40 perform.

Here:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/summer-of-sonic
You can see a lot of SoS there.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

We, unfortunately, had two big problems with our Summer of Sonic coverage. Firstly, the host of our stream (who you connect to to hear RadioSEGA) went down at around midday and has been down ever since (and still is down right now).

Once we got a backup stream sorted, we ran into our second problem. It seems there were bandwidth issues at the venue itself which meant there wasn't enough bandwidth to power both a video and audio stream. As they could only run one, they went with video, so we were unable to bring you the event in its entirety live on RadioSEGA, hence why we began publicising the video stream on RadioSEGA.

However, we did manage to broadcast Crush 40's live performance via our backup stream as I re-broadcasted it from UStream, which was useful to some users as they were having trouble with watching the video live.

As it stands right now, our main stream is still offline, so RadioSEGA is currently running from a different server, which is online and playing music right now! To tune in, go to the listen links on the 'Listen to RadioSEGA' page, as they are pointing to the backup server right now. This should not be a permanent solution, and I hope to be in touch with SegaMark (who is still in control of the hosting) and get RadioSEGA back online using our normal server soon.

Trust me - no-one is more disappointed than me that we were unable to bring you all of Summer of Sonic on RadioSEGA. Unfortunately, due to circumstances which were ultimately outside of our control, we were unable to do that and all I can do is apologise, especially to those who were relying on our coverage to listen to the event. Luckily I know that a lot of people listened to our stream of Crush 40 live and were happy with what they heard, which was at least something.

Our apologies again guys.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

no need to apologize, RS has never done anything like this before? and you handled it quite well, problems were beyond yours or radio segas control
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Matty wrote:no need to apologize, RS has never done anything like this before? and you handled it quite well, problems were beyond yours or radio segas control
It sounded like there were a few problems overall with the event, as described by ArchAngelUK in his blog post on the Summer of Sonic website - http://www.summerofsonic.com/blog/sos-1 ... -aauk-pt-1

Bearing all that in mind, I think the staff there did a fantastic job in bringing everything together. Despite a few technical difficulties with the video stream, I know that all the people I talked to in the IRC yesterday really enjoyed the event and the staff should be applauded for putting all the work in and making it a cracking day overall.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

aye it was well organised. watchin the events on youtube everything bar the air conditioning? was working
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, that room was ridiculously hot.

I'd like to apologise for SoS on RS. I found out on the day that, due to problems with the radio stream, they had dropped the SSR coverage and, as far as I'm aware, the Sonic Paradise one as well, meaning we were the only site covering SoS as far as a radio feed went. I promise that we'll get it all fixed next year.

I have to offer my massive thanks to SD, who did a sterling job on this end to get some sort of stream up. It wasn't what we intended to bring you at all, but at least you got to hear Crush 40s first live set in the West, so big big thanks to him for getting that sorted.

My photos of the event will be coming a bit later on in the week, but there's plenty on Facebook now. I suggest you go check them out :)
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

saw the vids on youtube of everything crush 40. everything was awesome bar two things. that girl who sang escape from the city and the massive sonic that appeared to scare johnny on stage