Games you want made into movies

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote:Why not Madden? A day in a life of an NFL team and the man who covers it all. That and there being a catchphrase once every 20 seconds.

Pow! Amazing! He's going to feel that in the morning! Boom! Tough Actin' Tinactin!

Oh, and a little "Here's where you have to respond. You also don't want to panic, 'cause it's only the first quarter" doesn't hurt either.
Isn't a film based on a sports game rather redundant when there's televised sport?
crippenstation wrote:You're referring to LeVar Burton?</sarcasm>
...Who?
baraka6 wrote: devil may cry: now a live action film on that would kick ass as long as it was 2 hrs long and was in depth on the characters if people had no background info
Have you seen the anime film? I haven't, but I'm curious since you brought it up.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

baraka6 wrote:grand theft auto: thats been a request for a very long time, but the plot would have to be something very special
GTA takes inspiration from a bunch of films anyway so what'd be the point of a GTA movie?
baraka6 wrote:devil may cry: now a live action film on that would kick ass as long as it was 2 hrs long and was in depth on the characters if people had no background info
lol. DMC and in depth on the characters? I'm just gonna let that sink in til you realise why it'd suck.
baraka6 wrote:i have seen tekken, wasnt that great, fight scenes were well presented but plot itself was weak in a lot of places.
Least it was accurate to the source then.
baraka6 wrote:TBH including mortal kombat i feel most fighting games to movie end up being a clone of enter the dragon in some form, i understand... yes because its a fighting game you fool, but it doesnt have to be all about that. Break the mould and create something fresh
Why? Outside of MK no other fighting game has a particulary great universe there's literally nothing to add to "dudes fight each other to see who's the best" that wouldn't be a waste of the license.
Kaito-kun wrote:Have you seen the anime film? I haven't, but I'm curious since you brought it up.
Actually it was a series, I watched abit but it was a pisspoor fansub so quickly stopped. Didn't seem all the great with a rather ugly art style (similar to Hellsing).
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

GTA has been done xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(film)

usually see it in the epic place that is morisons in bilston for 99p :P
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Kaito-kun: I was joking about Madden. Going along with the folks who also proposed full-length films on Tetris and Pong.

Also, LeVar Burton played Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation and also hosts Reading Rainbow.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote: Also, LeVar Burton played Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation and also hosts Reading Rainbow.
Oh, he rocks! I feel bad for not knowing his name...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Okay, maybe not as a movie, but a Skies of Arcadia anime would be awesome, admit it >_>

There is actually a fan made movie of Zelda, with proper actors, horses and stuff. It's pretty bad though, the story doesn't make much sense. Actually, there seem to be quite a few of them about, having just quickly Googled, and some definitely look better than others!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'd kill for a full anime of Infinite Space, mostly because new anime series are complete moe shite and space operas need reviving. Also I'd love a Professor Layton movie aswell... oh wait!
Robochao
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Robochao »

Dynamite Headdy

I beat this beautiful game the other day and I just enjoy everything about it, a movie would be right up my alley.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Matty wrote:GTA has been done xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(film)

usually see it in the epic place that is morisons in bilston for 99p :P
Wow, check that out! A GTA film was made approximately 20 years before the first game came out...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Wow, check that out! A GTA film was made approximately 20 years before the first game came out...
Rockstar are timetravlers didn't you know? The Clint Eastwood films are actually based on Red Dead Redemption.