Games you want made into movies

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

richarddavies wrote:Im tempted to add Uncharted to the list of games I want to see made into a movie. It was a very movie like game. I don't really know what they could add to it though.
Aliens and magical fridges.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Reknoc wrote:Aliens and magical fridges.
Do not question the magical Fridge.

XD
Doctor MK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Doctor MK »

Though it would be difficult to get right, Metroid has the potential to be a good videogame movie (especially following the cinematic approach that Other M is taking)... but they'd most likely turn it into a generic sci-fi adventure film that wouldn't do the series justice. So I'd only like to see this one if it was handled with care.

For some reason I think Sin & Punishment would make a good movie too... with an original story, mind - the plots of both of the first and second games are far too confusing for a mainstream audience. But I'd sure like to see me some Treasure-style laser hell on the big screen!

Oh, and a CG Sonic movie. That would be pretty nifty too, again if done right.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Doctor MK wrote:Oh, and a CG Sonic movie. That would be pretty nifty too, again if done right.

:sonic: I wished SEGA would do another Sonic the hedgeho movie. I mean the first one wasn't good because it was bad for children and had on appropriet sceens(Dont ask!), It also didnt have many sonic stuff like the Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic. Although I really Enjoyed Sonic and the Werehog night. It Was an awsome CG movie although I wished it had voice acting!

If only Sega would do a Sonic the hedgehog movie with all the characters and Super Sonic and Super Shadow and Chaos emeralds and future and past and Love and Sally Acorn and...(never mined). :P :guitar:
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

NiGHTS: the movie. That would be great in animation but I bet it would be bad if they got actual actors to do it (though Jim Carrey as Reala would be brilliant)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

A Crash Bandicoot movie would be pretty epic.
Rayman has some kind of potential too.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

I think that any movie based off a video game sould be done in animation as it looks better and can be more loyal to the game because characters such as Rayman or Jackle would look bad if its an actor edited by CGI (unless they can think of a clever way to portray the characters such as they could put more emphasis on Jackle's psychoticness by creating fear by not actually showing the character entirely maybe just a voice or huge staring eyes or even his hands coming out from nowhere) but with some film companies in mind and their reputation with bad movies I would expect them to just do some random bloke in a costume and make up a bad backstory about an accident which resulted in turning into a more humanoid being, which is not true to the original games. If any film company would get it right I think pixar would definately be a good choice
Has there ever been a good movie based off a video game? The best one (in my opinion) was that old Sonic the hedgehog movie from the 90's
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

IvyRave wrote:Has there ever been a good movie based off a video game?
Street Fighter!
I dont think many movies have got the game into movie thing right, I guess I could say the same for movies into games...

I quite liked the sonic anime, I still have no idea why knuckles was wearing a cowboy hat though. I agree with you that movies based on games should be kept in CG, like Final Fantasy, which actually I really liked as a stand alone film.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Still Sonic the hedgehog, the movie wasn't that correct to the games. I mean where were the Chaos emeralds? and Super Sonic?
It was good but it felt more like a Sonic CD movie than a Sonic the Hedgehog movie.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

Even though the film didn't have things such as the choas emeralds or anything to do with that it was still true to the games as it had the South Island as well as Robotnik's portrayal is probably how I would imagine Robotnik in the early sonic games and can be somehow related to the Eggman of today, in fact I would say the portrayal of the characters in that film could be related to the characters of the early games except Knuckles (slightly) and when Sonic yelled at Tails at the beginning was slightly out of character.
If they do another movie then I think that it would be best that they would focus on Sonic,Tails,Knuckles and Eggman and (as much as I like the other characters) ditch the other characters so the plot won't be overloaded with different characters and turn into something like 'The Room'.