Games you want made into movies

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Games you want made into movies

Post by Rayne »

As per title, what video games would you like to see turned into blockbuster movies? :P In spite of the dire reputation game movies have, occasionally Hollywood gets it right.

I really want my Halo movie :/ but it's looking like that will never happen.

-If anyone says Alone in the Dark 3, I'll personally cut them to pieces :P
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Occasionally? When did Hollywood get it right?

In any case, I don't want any movie to destroy any good game, especially not Uwe Boll as director.
So I want Uwe Boll to direct over 9000 Final Fantasy VII movies, so the fanboys are out of money and cannot afford internet anymore so they can't post about how good Final Fantasy VII Movie 8942 was, and people can talk about good games.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Gears of war might work and I'd like to think Halo would work but I just know they'll use use big famous actor and have him take his helmet off 5 minutes into it and he won't shut the cock up. And then he'll meet a girl who he has to work together with who's tougher than she looks and does that thing in movies where she'll kick someones arse then look all smug like she just invented arse whoopins and Master chief will be all "shocked" at the arse whoopin and the audience is supposed to burst into tears of laughter.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Resident Evil

yeah.... not been a "film" of that yet
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^I think they should do a Batman and just reboot the whole Resident evil films. Just start from scratch but do them properly this time. I want references to Jill sandwiches in there.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

richarddavies wrote:^I think they should do a Batman and just reboot the whole Resident evil films. Just start from scratch but do them properly this time. I want references to Jill sandwiches in there.
Afterlife is due out soon, after that they're supposed to be rebooting the series. In spite of the differences between the games, I quite like the Resi films, the third was the best (and ironically, most different to the games).

When did they get it right? Erm...uhh....Doom, Tomb Raider 2, Silent Hill...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Mortal Kombat is probably the only movie which has actually kept most of the source material. Most game to movie adaptions change the crap out of the source material. I loved the MK movie as a kid.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Rayne wrote:When did they get it right? Erm...uhh....Doom, Tomb Raider 2, Silent Hill...
Doom was a bland movie, though I loved the FPS section.
Never saw Tomb Raider 2 after its prequel was so horrid. :P
Silent Hill I never saw, but I heard it was meh.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Wii spots resort!

no seriously I think the Mass Effect games could translate well into film due to the fact its has a really good foundation. No need to include any of the characters from the game as I think the universe its set in is pretty solid.

I think Gears would work too... and maybe Metriod? But then as Richard says, she'll take off her helmet and run around in a zero suit for the whole bloody thing.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST