What do we work as?

What it says on the tin...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Killer French Bread wrote: What's maccas, is that australian for mcdonalds? I have worked in a similarly bad place (briefly). Spacks Direct aka Sports Direct. Left after a day of trying to hook fleeces onto the top shelf near the roof with a big pole. I'm not sure if I was supposed to be doing that as I was literally handed a tracksuit and pointed in the direction of the shop floor, whereupon any form of management was never to be seen again. But it was the most fun thing to do. I got a job somewhere else the next day, but I still have my trackies as a souvenir.
Sounds interested enough lol but no management on the first day seems a bit too harsh. I got training for 3 weeks before I started working without a trainer.

And yeah, Maccas is aussie for McDonald's.The job is a meh for me. The managers are pretty chill and the guys I work along with are also very decent guys. However, it's the type of work that gets you really tired and also makes me leave with burn marks everywhere (I am assigned to the grill and fries usually so yeah...) .
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:I instantly received about a dozen puncture wounds to the hands and the hedgehog was instinctively hurled across the road.
I laughed. I'm a horrible person.
Quills on Wheels wrote:also makes me leave with burn marks everywhere (I am assigned to the grill and fries usually so yeah...) .
You know you're not supposed to touch the grill, right?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote: You know you're not supposed to touch the grill, right?

How else do you clean it? D: *shot*

Had work today again. Something new on the menu. Sweet potato wedges. So having my trusty 50% employee discount, got myself a box. Was going to eat half and bring the rest for mum...

...Let's just say I ate more than half of it.
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Just an admin worker. Full time. Mon to Fri. I enjoy my work and my employer is great, but I hope to try something else at some point since I've been with them for little over a decade. No idea what yet.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I guess it's appropriate to post in here.

Finished my first day of new job. It is part time, so I won't be working as many days initially, but it's something so I can't complain. Besides, it's not too strenuous or demanding so there's that also. Working at a retail chain called Deals; stock, sales, floor, the basics. For the first day it wasn't that bad; time went by fairly quickly with me not even noticing.