Upcoming games you want

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Twinny wrote:The Internet's your friend, find out with it.
True, on the other hand I thought keeping the conversation going would have been nice. Plus it's always refreshing to hear someone talking on a personal level about something they're excited about!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Dragon Quest Builders. Just finished up the PS4 demo and it's a really really good game. At first glance it seems like a simple minecraft clone, but it's really much closer to something like Terraria but with even more direction. I also love that the story of the game is based off the but thou must decision at the very end of Dragon Quest 1 and that it's basically a pseudo-sequel to it.

Definitely seems to be worth checking out if you like stuff like Minecraft or if you want to like it but don't like the aimlessness of it. I'd also recommend playing Dragon Quest 1 beforehand, in whichever way you want, but I'd go for the recent phone release, very short game but will definitely add to the Builders experience.
MusicClues
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MusicClues »

Paper Mario: Color Splash and Pokemon Moon.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Dragon Quest Builders. Just finished up the PS4 demo and it's a really really good game.
DQ Builders was good fun. Sequel's out now as well.

I'll be honest, the only game I'm really looking forward to these days is Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It'll be nice to get back into an Animal Crossing title, and it looks like there are some fun gameplay improvements in this new entry.

All in all though, I've, for the most part managed to liberate myself from the video game hype cycle. Once you realise "I don't have to play anything other than what I think looks interesting, and even then I don't have to play it at launch" video games become a lot more fun and interesting.

Switch off from that constant stream of gaming media/news/rumours/marketing, kids. It rots your brain!