Yes I'm alive... ;-)

What it says on the tin...
Mufasa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mufasa »

After not visiting the forums for a bit (over two years ago), I think I am long overdue for some catch up. For all those that remember me, glad to see you're still active on this forum. :biggrin: For those I've not met yet... Pleased to meet you!

Not sure what I'm going to be doing on the forums these days, but I do miss the old days of threads like my fake Sega Master System box art and the Sega commercials. Looks like something happened to all those posts though. I can't find a single one of my posts of the past by searching for posts by "Mufasa". Weird.

Anyhow, I've been picking up listening to RadioSEGA on my iPhone in the car again and that reminded me of the forum and request system. Glad to hear all is very much alive here on the forum. ;)
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Hi Mufasa! I'm one of the newbies that came after the great Radio Sega forum wipe of 2010. Sadly, they lost all the posts so they had to start over, but I'm sure we can manage that, right? ;)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, there was a forum error with regards to the post tables and they were all lost.

Regardless, it's good to see you again :)
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Hello! Welcome back! I joined this time last year so I guess we never meet :P
Mufasa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mufasa »

Thanks for all the greetings! I didn't realize there was a great forum wipe... I've still have a lot archived myself so I'll slowly start to repost some of the things I had on here that brought me great joy. It was fun just looking through all the RadioSEGA files I had just to find my old signature (because apparently it was lost in the great wipe too).
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

You just reminded me that certain websites exist with archives of other websites, like this one: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://radiosega.net

Anything of the site there?
Mufasa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mufasa »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:You just reminded me that certain websites exist with archives of other websites, like this one: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://radiosega.net

Anything of the site there?
Sure was and checked them out when I was hunting down my signature before you mentioned it. At least at lot of the textual content can be retrieved. I wasn't able to find my signature and saw my updated avatar on the archive copy--so it unfortunately contains live links to some content. Either way its a great start if I can't find an actual database backup of RadioSEGA. I already have many of the images I made for the site. Nice to see some of the images I made are still here too (like the Admin and Moderator logos). ;-)

Here is an example of the old fake Master System box art I use to do:

Shadid

Post by Shadid »

My god, welcome back! I think I arrived during the year you were inactive already, so I don't exactly know you, but I remember seeing that boxart and older posts of yours. So, enjoy your stay (again)! :biggrin:
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shadid wrote:My god, welcome back! I think I arrived during the year you were inactive already, so I don't exactly know you, but I remember seeing that boxart and older posts of yours. So, enjoy your stay (again)! :biggrin:
*Nod* You're a generation 2 Radio SEGA forum member Shadid, like me. Mufasa is one of the original generation 1 members and as a result it is a good thing to have them back from the dead and must treat him with respect. ^__^

*Salutes* Welcome back Sir! We need as many hands on deck as we can find (And keep) in order to bring life back into this place. Now if only those lurkers and IRC kids would join in the fun...
Mufasa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mufasa »

Thanks for the kind words, Kaito-kun. I'm glad to be back again. I think this time around I won't be spending 24/7 on the forums and just to keep up on news and share my little SEGAisms that happen to me every once and a while that I really don't have any other outlet for other than RadioSEGA. I really wish I knew more people in my day to day life that shared the same enthusiasm I do for Sega.

And on that note... A little link from my FaceBook page. I was very pleased to see Sega is starting to slowly become a present at Wal-Mart and just had to take some pics. That and some neat pics from Sega of America staff I saw the other week.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... d6faf6ebdd