Project 7 Announcement: RadioSEGA Does Reviews!

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Project 7 Announcement: RadioSEGA Does Reviews!

Post by Gavvie »

Hi all.

It's been a while since we last told you about Project 7, the long awaited update that RadioSEGA and its users have been crying out for (it's still coming, don't worry!) But today, we're pleased to bring you the first big announcement...Well, since we announced that we were doing live shows, anyway!

When Project 7 launches this year, RadioSEGA will be offering more than just a 24/7 Live Stream, and more than our Live Shows, which have been amazingly popular. Along with a couple of returning features that we'll tell you about nearer the time, we will start to offer you reviews of SEGA games AND soundtracks!

On top of reviewing the latest SEGA titles and soundtracks (where appropriate), we'll also be looking back at games gone by with a feature I'm currently calling Retroviews. The format of the review will be the same, only with older games.

But wait, there's more! Who's going to review them?

Well, by default, our Moderation Team will be a part of the Review Team, but we understand that not every Moderator will want to review titles, so...we need you. Yeah, you. Reading this. Right now.

If you feel you could fit the bill of being a RadioSEGA Reviewer, then you need to send me a PM on the forums (I'm Gavvie, duh!) Yeah, you need to be a registered member. In the PM, I would like the following information:

1 - Why you feel you're a good fit for our Review Team
2 - What sort of games you like playing (name specific titles if you must, but I'm wanting genres mainly)
3 - Whether you want to be a Games Reviewer, or a Music Reviewer if you have quite a few SEGA soundtracks/are able to acquire them. Or both.
4 - A brief review of something SEGA related would be a bonus.

At the moment I'm going to looking for no more than FIVE successful applicants. There's no deadline, but we'll let you know when you should stop.

If you're not successful, don't worry! We'll soon be adding a Review subforum to the RadioSEGA forums, allowing you to write your own reviews, or even comment on other peoples!

Thanks for reading, and if you're thinking of applying - Best of luck!

EDIT - For this first run, we're going to be looking for mainly UK/European members. If you have a large SEGA collection however, feel free to give it a go.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! And good luck to those that apply.

Project 7 must be getting close to completion, then? I saw some pictures on the Facebook group and it looks awesome. Can't wait!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

We're hoping to launch sometime this year. It was meant to be a while back, but due to one thing and another it's not been at the forefront.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I would be interested in doing it if it weren't for the whole 'UK/Europe' only thing...
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote:I would be interested in doing it if it weren't for the whole 'UK/Europe' only thing...
Yeah, we're nice and biased around here. Mega Drive > Genesis. ^__^
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

So that old game of the month thing revived then? That'll be good for a giggle, I love retro reviews.

Not too keen on current gen reviews though, I've got IGN for that <3
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote: Not too keen on current gen reviews though, I've got IGN to blame for that
Fixed.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:Fixed.
IGN are the best resource for gaming/entertainment reviews imo, they only seem to attracy fanboy hate because they're hugely popular. I've never really read a review where I've thought 'zomg that guy was paid by microsoft to rubbish that gaem'. Tbh if I did, I wouldn't care anyways

Also, their gaming guides are second to none :ohmy: bloody brilliant considering they're free
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:IGN are the best resource for gaming/entertainment reviews imo, they only seem to attracy fanboy hate because they're hugely popular. I've never really read a review where I've thought 'zomg that guy was paid by microsoft to rubbish that gaem'. Tbh if I did, I wouldn't care anyways

Also, their gaming guides are second to none :ohmy: bloody brilliant considering they're free
To be honest their guides are good and there are some decent articles now and then, but there's something, no idea what it is about them, that rubs me the wrong way...If someone held a gun to my head I honestly couldn't put my finger on what it is about them.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

When it comes to reviews, I trust user reviews, no matter what site it's on. I'd just rather hear the opinion of the gaming community and not some guy on a massive gaming site who gets paid to write it. I don't personally have anything against IGN, or Gamespot or whathaveyou though. All those review sites have their pros and cons.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.