Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

did i see this right

a game, being made by atlus/persona team, that has evil sheep?!?!?!?!??? DO WANT

also some nice screens thar ;)

INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Not really news but this is a great read, Steven Pool is a great writer and a good candidate to lead the argument 'are videogames art?'
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

That would make an interesting thread on its own, i need fruit!
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Wasn't sure where to put this but it's pretty cool.
ImageImage
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I think I saw this posted on the forum somewhere, but I wasn't sure where; apparently Duke Nukem Forever is still alive!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... ever-alive

I knew it would never die!
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I think I saw this posted on the forum somewhere, but I wasn't sure where; apparently Duke Nukem Forever is still alive!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... ever-alive

I knew it would never die!
At this moment, it's confirmed as true, basically, but yes, Duke is alive, now at the hands of Gearbox (3D Realms sold them the IP, so THAT'S HOW they and Gearbox trust each other). I just couldn't try it for two reasons:

1 - I was below 16 and they were checking ID's;
2 - The lines were up to 4 hours long.

it's safe to say. The king's back, baby.
I live here now!
SJSSF
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SJSSF »

Well a while back (I think the beginning of the year) along with the announcement of Matt Smith becoming the 11th Doctor Who the BBC also announced that Video Games will be made involving the Doctor.

Well alongside the "Adventure Game" series there will be 2 games, 1 for the Nintendo Wii (Titled "Return to Earth") and the DS (Titled "Evacuation Earth") and the BBC had teamed up with a currently unnamed company to create a Wii-mote shaped like the 11th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver!!!!

Heres a pic:

http://cdn.medialib.officialnintendomag ... umb300.jpg

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

SJSSF wrote:
Well alongside the "Adventure Game" series there will be 2 games, 1 for the Nintendo Wii (Titled "Return to Earth") and the DS (Titled "Evacuation Earth") and the BBC had teamed up with a currently unnamed company to create a Wii-mote shaped like the 11th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver!!!!
http://cdn.medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/screenshot_32212_thumb300.jpg
As much as I love Dr. Who a Wii and DS exclusive TV spin off game oesn't exactly set my soul on fire, based on previous examples.
Dartanian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dartanian »

Only game I really have a specific eye on recently is F1 2010. I've been reading reviews earlier, and so far reception seems to be great. Maybe this is the official F1 game that we've been waiting for for some time now. *fingers crossed* Only criticisms I cared about were the lack of random mechnical breakdowns, I liked that element of uncertainity, and its sad to not have it in the game. One review I read was really pleased by the ultra-realistic visuals, but of course I play Grand Prix 2 (released 1996 on DOS) so I could care less about the visuals. =P
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Shadid wrote:I do agree with most of the people here, SEGA should give Sonic a rest and focus on original games and/or remakes. If they could, yes, a new JSR, they could revive that Wii concept, or a new Shenmue, or even a revival of Virtua Cop. That was fun as hell, even for the Saturn.
Ok, this was pure, goddamn timing. Now, they need to stop teasing and port more. >_<
I live here now!