Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well, The graphics of the PSP ARE better you know. And I think the game veriety increased for the Nintendo DS because it bacame more popular.

By the way, SEGA did learn shit about Sonic 4. If it wasn't because of there mistakes, the wouldn't have learned that Fans want 2D Sonic games.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Better graphics do not the popular console make. It's exactly like the Wii's success, lower graphics mean cheaper console, it has more marketing and has games that can appeal to pretty much everyone.

It's the same with games, Metro 2033 has vastly superiour graphics to say any of the 360 Halos or Modern Warfare yet it didn't sell millions.

And no, SEGA didn't, they've been making 2D Sonic games for a while, this time they decided to put a number on it and hope that's enough to fool idiots into thinking they've finally stopped letting Di__________mps make their games.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I think one of the most important factors, other than the price, is marketing. Nintendo have been pretty good at marketing the Wii and DS at various audiences, mostly casual admittedly, whereas I personally think Sony's marketing has been pants. When was the last time you saw an advert that made you interested in the PSP?

Just look at the Dreamcast, it had loads going for it, but Sega was rubbish at marketing it. There were other reasons why the Dreamcast died so early, but poor marketing contributed.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

PSP ads have done entirely the opposite of making me interested in them. God they're awful.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Exactly :P

That said, I do enjoy my PSP more.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Another thing is that whatever console nintendo invents, it hase something new which no other console ever had.
For example, the DS. The first portable console with double screens and a touch screen. Or the Wii. I think the Wii was the first console to actually use motion and remotes that you could use and that kind of stuff. Ofcaurse there was the eyetoy and other mostion stuff but the Wii was the first to use it acuratly.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:PSP ads have done entirely the opposite of making me interested in them. God they're awful.
The Nintendo adverts have had that effect on me. Have you seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQQBzQKqBg
Biggest sonic fan wrote:Another thing is that whatever console nintendo invents, it hase something new which no other console ever had.
So what did the Gamecube do that was new and different?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

^Em... Let me refrase what I said.
"Another thing is that most consoles nintendo invents, it has something new which no other console ever had."
That's better. But I geuss the GameCube did have a really unic shape, the shape of a Cube!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sony remade the PSP 3 time (2000, 3000 and Go) Instead of reinventing the console. They should have supported it with better games. I can only name a handful of PSP games that were actually quite enjoyable to play (Sonic Rivals 2 was meh. Was to slow and not enough platforming)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

How can you say that? Well... I geuss it was kind of... "boring" after a wile but it was defenetaly an improvement to Sonic Rivals 1.
1 impovement I can say was the addition of voice acting. FINALLY no more reading all that text!