Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Reknoc wrote:Tearaway looks very pretty, but I hope it's not like MM's previous works where the pretty graphics and charming artstyle is wasted on what is a pretty poor game. Trailer isn't too promising on that front since it looks like a bunch of touch gimmicks.
The trailer is showing the Vita capabilities, so I wouldn't go that far yet.

I agree that I don't want these gimmicks to be overused. I want these to add to the experience rather than be plastered there just because.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Persona 4 Arena Euro Date: TBA
Fucks I give about this game now: Cancelled

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=1

Oh yea, Everybody's Golf vita is getting a PS3 release, which is one less reason for me to get a Vita. Stay free Sony.

http://andriasang.com/con2bo/hot_shots_ps3_update/
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote: Oh yea, Everybody's Golf vita is getting a PS3 release, which is one less reason for me to get a Vita. Stay free Sony.

http://andriasang.com/con2bo/hot_shots_ps3_update/
Any word on if they're going to do the whole "Buy the Vita version, get the PS3 version free!" and vice versa thing?

Also, Psygnosis (Sony Liverpool), creators of Wipeout, has been shut down after 26 years. Another UK based developer is gone...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Speaking of UK based closures, GAME's Oxford Street branch is being closed down on the 8th September due to the expiration of the lease on the building.

If you needed a reason as to why the high street is losing business to the Internet, that's why. Oxford Street has always been GAME's flagship store where all the midnight launches occured.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Any word on if they're going to do the whole "Buy the Vita version, get the PS3 version free!" and vice versa thing?

Also, Psygnosis (Sony Liverpool), creators of Wipeout, has been shut down after 26 years. Another UK based developer is gone...
Nope. Sony are saying its a Europe only thing as far as I'm aware and the EG news is just Japan based for the moment.

And yea, Sony Liverpool closing down sucks.
Gavvie wrote:Speaking of UK based closures, GAME's Oxford Street branch is being closed down on the 8th September due to the expiration of the lease on the building.

If you needed a reason as to why the high street is losing business to the Internet, that's why. Oxford Street has always been GAME's flagship store where all the midnight launches occured.
I don't know if an event happening in the future has much to do with brick and mortar shops doing badly now. It's because they're losing out to online retailers they can't afford to keep a lease on a prime location.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, there is that. Also, it seems GAME moved their flagship from Oxford Street to Westfield Stratford when that store opened. Pretty easy to see why as well, very nice store that one. They have these things called GamePods that you can get into and they have a big 1080p screen and surround sound. Very nice.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So...I take it everyone's heard that there's a new Nintendo Direct stream at around 7AM ET/4AM PT/12 PM UK....yea no way in hell I'm staying up for that....I'll find out later...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

mtwinny wrote:So...I take it everyone's heard that there's a new Nintendo Direct stream at around 7AM ET/4AM PT/12 PM UK....yea no way in hell I'm staying up for that....I'll find out later...
Wow, Nintendo churning out these N-Direct things like wildfire all of a sudden.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I was out today. What happened during the Nintendo direct thing?

Well Iwata? Ya got my Animal Crossing release date yet, boy?

Edit: Just found some news: November 8th for Japan while it's still a giant reverse V sign made with two fingers for the rest of the world. On the plus side, HELL YEAH! THAT MONKEY AND HIS TRAIN STATION ARE BACK!!! I've missed them.

Meanwhile, the saga of Professor Layton is coming to a close...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Awwwww sheeeeeeaaaaaaat!
Ace Attorney 5 with Nick as main character confirmed!
http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit