Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Gaming News

Post by richarddavies »

A bit self explanatory really just post about and comment on any titbits of gaming news that interest you.

Mass effect is coming to the ps3. That's one killer ap for the 360 gone then.

http://kotaku.com/5614838/mass-effect-2 ... in-january.

Also Realtime worlds, the makers of Crackdown and more recently APB have gone under.It's always a shame when people lose there jobs like this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... -collapses
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Mass Effect 2 is going to be on PS3. The first game will remain a 360 exclusive, so the only way to experience the whole trilogy will be on Xbox. Regardless, that's something I saw coming for a while, especially when EA bought BioWare and then acquired the rights to publish Mass Effect.

Will it be as good on PS3 though, seeing as it'd just be a 360 port? We'll have to wait and see...

It's a shame about Realtime Worlds, however I could see that ending badly as well. APB was never as hyped about as Crackdown, and there's a reason why GTA never went online until recently. Such a shame they had to find that out the hard way.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:and there's a reason why GTA never went online until recently. Such a shame they had to find that out the hard way.
Because last gen barely supported online gameplay. The online multiplayer mods for the PC are probably the most popular for the GTA3 trilogy.

APBs problem was it wasn't quite what people expected, alot of the core gameplay like driving and shooting sucks (gee just like their last game), and it had an obnoxious subsciption service and still cost full price.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Gavvie wrote:Mass Effect 2 is going to be on PS3. The first game will remain a 360 exclusive, so the only way to experience the whole trilogy will be on Xbox.
Or on PC, like with so many 360 'exclusives'
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Rayne wrote:Or on PC, like with so many 360 'exclusives'
Still on a microsoft platform though.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I noticed that, but I think the term "exclusive" these days when it comes to consoles doesn't really seem to include PC gaming.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Well either way, nice to see it on the way to PS3. Despite fanboy wars I still think the more people that get to play good games, the better.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Rayne wrote:Well either way, nice to see it on the way to PS3. Despite fanboy wars I still think the more people that get to play good games, the better.
I agree. It's just a shame they don't get the first and the best feature of the second game.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I agree. It's just a shame they don't get the first and the best feature of the second game.
And what would that be? *Has never touched the Mass Effect games*
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:And what would that be? *Has never touched the Mass Effect games*
Porting your old character over, I think