Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'll get the ball rolling, shall I? Here's my award winning review for Fragile Dreams. (Originally posted on game.co.uk. Who for some stupid reason think Treyarch made this fantastic game)

"Beautiful, touching, absorbing. A magnificent gem in the sea of mediocrity that is the Wii game catalogue. If you own a Wii and consider yourself to have more interests in games than simply shooting people or waggling your Wiimote to casual mini-game collections then you need to own this. Stunning anime-style visuals, a touching story that will make you laugh one moment and come close to tears the next and solid game play that will keep you hooked right until the end all presented in a mystery adventure plot that is guaranteed to keep your interest through out. This is a game that tries it's best to prove that the Wii has a lot more potential than many people give it credit for. I'd recommend anyone even a tiny bit curious to buy it. You will not be disappointed."
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

I really enjoyed this game myself though there were some small problems. The inventory was way too small and it got really tiring every time I had to go back to a save point to make room for more of the mystery items I found. Combat was ok but I felt could have somehow been better if they included some kind of lock on feature. The locations were great as well but I think more could have been added to make you feel truly alone like say a city section of Tokyo it would have made you feel more alone and also be quite scary. While the atmosphere was good I felt it lost part of its feel when other characters came into play. I don’t mind the ghosts or the PF much but when Crow showed up it kind of killed the feeling of loneliness for the rest of the game as I now knew other people are out there.

Apart from that I really enjoyed the game and while it has a few niggles here and there it’s worth a go. The story is pretty good yet I felt it would have had more of an impact if I didn’t play it with the English dub (I’m replaying it with the Japanese dub) but it did have me hooked as I wanted to know what happened to the human race. if you can find it cheap i think its worth a go.

Oh and that yaoi kiss caught me by surprise, i was all WTF when that happend. I think many girls who play this will sqeee at that bit.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

7Force wrote:I really enjoyed this game myself though there were some small problems. The inventory was way too small and it got really tiring every time I had to go back to a save point to make room for more of the mystery items I found.
I never found the inventory space an issue, although a lot of people seem to. When you think about it, if you were alone in the world you couldn't carry everything around with you at once, could you?
7Force wrote:Apart from that I really enjoyed the game and while it has a few niggles here and there it’s worth a go. The story is pretty good yet I felt it would have had more of an impact if I didn’t play it with the English dub (I’m replaying it with the Japanese dub) but it did have me hooked as I wanted to know what happened to the human race. if you can find it cheap i think its worth a go.
We do find out what happened though. *Won't say any more in case of spoilers* What I wondered is why Seto and the girl were seemingly unaffected. Possible sequel? *Crosses fingers*
7Force wrote:Oh and that yaoi kiss caught me by surprise, i was all WTF when that happend. I think many girls who play this will sqeee at that bit.
Not just girls. ^_~
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Inventory space was one of the few things I didn't hate about Fragile. Not much of a survival game without strict inventory management.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Kaito-kun wrote:I never found the inventory space an issue, although a lot of people seem to. When you think about it, if you were alone in the world you couldn't carry everything around with you at once, could you?

since you put it like that you do have a good point.
Kaito-kun wrote:
We do find out what happened though. *Won't say any more in case of spoilers* What I wondered is why Seto and the girl were seemingly unaffected. Possible sequel? *Crosses fingers*
I heard that the story is going on after the game but in manga form. Not 100% sure though
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

7Force wrote:I heard that the story is going on after the game but in manga form. Not 100% sure though
Should have just done that in the first place.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

The game would have made a pretty epic anime film. It was good fun but it had a few dull moments, the repeated backtracking and the single lamest ending on the Wii held it back a bit imo
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

It's a fantastic game, but it did have that feeling that halfway through working on the story the publishers had gotten a bit impatient and wanted the devs to hurry up and finish.
Click to reveal
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Even with that it's stunningly beautiful but there's only so long you can admire it all. That ending, jesus that ending...It was like Luke vs Vader but 100 times more tame