Error discovered!

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Error discovered!

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well, to put it simply the stream seems to be skipping over songs that are due to be played: I lost a few requests via it and it's also skipping songs that are not requested but listed to be played next. The actual...Thingy at the top of the page that displays what is playing is continuing as if the songs are due to be played though. Just a heads up for you techies.

Edit: Sorry for not being able to describe it better. Listen and request a bit and you'll see what I mean. I just lost another request... >_<
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I've actually noticed that too and never got around to bringing it up. Glad to see I'm not the only one this is happening to. I can't say exactly what's causing this but there are times I check the 'Now Playing' at the top of the page, and it doesn't match up with my player which is playing a completely different song. And the song the 'Now Playing' box on the website says is playing never gets played and it can't be re-requested for an hour. Anyone know why this is happening?
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I've seen it skip a few times as well :O
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

I've had a quick look into this and something very strange is going on. I have an idea that I know what's happening but I will need investigate this further with Gavvie and Mark and come back to you.

In the mean time, as stated above, don't be surprised if some of the requests you make are lost (though, to be honest, I don't understand how all of the requests aren't being lost!).

I'll post as soon as I know more.
Mufasa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mufasa »

How ironic. I was going to write this bug up myself. I'd see my song say it was coming up next, the song playing "now" matched what I was hearing and then I lost it. And just a few minutes into writing it up, one of the shows started up so I just shrugged it off as someone playing with the music console getting ready for the show. What really bugged me though is the songs playing on the stream were not the songs saying playing now. This bug wouldn't by any chance be related to the old "two streams" configuration?

In my one request this morning, I actually got to hear it--however, I've heard at least two songs that sounded cut off. I also remember during the show I was listening to that songs were getting cut off. Almost sounds like a player codec tolerance for faults in the music file. I remember in the old days where you'd just hear a spike noise for bad data in some players and others would just stop playing the song.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The stream has become sentient! It is now judging peoples requests!
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Reknoc wrote:The stream has become sentient! It is now judging peoples requests!
The tester will be if someone requests Project DIVA. If that isn't played, at least we'll know the server has good taste....
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Either that, or I've connected to the server via RDC and removed them XD
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

The issue has now been fixed and, as soon as Gavvie is done with Saturday Night SEGA, everything will be back to normal.

Thanks for bearing with us!
SegaMark
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SegaMark »

Some mongo didn't login to RDC correctly, creating a duplicate session and thus causing two instances of SAM to run.

Fixed, doh.
GAME OVER, YEAH!