Another PS3 hack *sigh*

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Another PS3 hack *sigh*

Post by Matty »

why oh why are people so stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDaGne0 ... r_embedded

- All those games are on PSN store, infamous has a full game trial on PSN Plus atm
- that console could still be a dev unit, they are sold on ps3 hack forums all the time.
- the PlayStation 3 name is just on the plastic cover & not the actual console itself, you could slide the dev cover off (it says Playstation 3 test/test unit) & put a normal one on

am i the only one whos skeptical?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

seems it true then

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psjail ... s-arrives/

quite shocked tbh, a lots been going on & i havent been paying attention :3
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Boo! Bad pirates! Boo! We need to support the industry darn it!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

No! You damn fool hackers Sony will disable USB ports next!
Matty wrote:i havent been paying attention :3
Shocking.
Kaito-kun wrote:Boo! Bad pirates! Boo! We need to support the industry darn it!
Urgh. So shortsighted, someone needs to go to specsavers. This is alittle more than piracy. Being able to have your games on the system, and a possibility for homebrew aswell.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote: Urgh. So shortsighted, someone needs to go to specsavers. This is alittle more than piracy. Being able to have your games on the system, and a possibility for homebrew aswell.
Homebrew = Good. Piracy = Bad. However; seeing as these two very often tend to use the same devices and my faith in humanity is near zero and there are so few homebrew devs compared to the number of pirates out there forgive me for reaching that conclusion. As for having them on your system, why should that matter? There are these things called discs that are normally within three feet of your console; it's not that much effort to get off your bum to change them.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Homebrew = Good. Piracy = Bad. However; seeing as these two very often tend to use the same devices and my faith in humanity is near zero and there are so few homebrew devs compared to the number of pirates out there forgive me for reaching that conclusion.
Maybe so but ease of homebrew has hardly hurt the Wii any.
Kaito-kun wrote:As for having them on your system, why should that matter? There are these things called discs that are normally within three feet of your console; it's not that much effort to get off your bum to change them.
You're not a proper gamer if you don't want to take as little effort doing something. I'd much rather just choose a game in a menu and play it than figure out where I put the game, put it in, wait for the PS3 to recognise it and have longer load times for it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Maybe so but ease of homebrew has hardly hurt the Wii any.
That's because there's little worth pirating on the Wii if we're honest.
Reknoc wrote:You're not a proper gamer if you don't want to take as little effort doing something. I'd much rather just choose a game in a menu and play it than figure out where I put the game, put it in, wait for the PS3 to recognise it and have longer load times for it.
So your justification for all this is "I can't organise for toffee therefore I'd much rather have a machine do it for me"?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:So your justification for all this is "I can't organise for toffee therefore I'd much rather have a machine do it for me"?
Partly though the shorter load times is a bigger draw for me. But let's just ignore that.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Partly though the shorter load times is a bigger draw for me. But let's just ignore that.
You really can't be that impatient. I can't imagine anyone who would be. Somebody get this kid a Commodore 64 and show him just how good he has it when it comes to loading times.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I expected you to be a little less dumb. What the hell. Improvement is always good, that's why we have HD consoles now and aren't still playing with PS1s and N64s.