The medal of honour fiasco

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Here's a pretty well written piece that's just popped up on Kotaku by an active serviceman in the airforce that is defending the decision to ban the game near military bases.

http://kotaku.com/5629429/airman-defend ... -sales-ban
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Banning something just makes it appeal to people even more.

It's utterly ridiculous that Medal of Honor is attracting any controversy at all! Modern Warfare had you playing as terrorists, did anyone moan? Do Russian games ban just about every FPS (as they all seem to star angry russians these days?)

It's over sensitive crybabies finding a new scapegoat.

My favorite quote was something like: 'These are mothers who have lost their children in a war and are now playing horrific content like this'

Err...? How many mom's without sons would actually buy a war based shooter? Honestly...the stupidity these days...
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

They dont want the games to have any influence in our day to day society. We know there are nut jobs who do crazy things and then blame it on games and movies as their outlet. The world is bad enough for many reasons with or without games showing this.... so what is the problem?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

It looks like EA have buckled. Shame really; though I can understand that they don't want to be disrespectful to anyone I was hoping that this could be an occasion where the old media's opinions didn't bully new media.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Yeah it just makes them look like even bigger dicks now. It either looks like they've buckled or they've just got some very good marketing staff working for em.