So I Went And Got One of Those Steam Things...

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

So I Went And Got One of Those Steam Things...

Post by Kaito-kun »

You know, the downloadable game distribution service from Valve, not a iron. The profile's set up. (I think so anyway, it's Matsuo_Kaito if you're interested). Does anyone have any suggestions game-wise? I'm a tad lost if I'm honest. ^__^""
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

The only reason I got steam for was Killing Floor. So try that out :)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:The only reason I got steam for was Killing Floor. So try that out :)
Tried it before: I'm not really the zombie type. ^__^"" Although I did like that it didn't feel like it needed to hide being British.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Kaito-kun wrote:Tried it before: I'm not really the zombie type. ^__^"" Although I did like that it didn't feel like it needed to hide being British.
why did you need to hide that?
________
No2 vaporizer
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Page wrote:why did you need to hide that?
I've hidden nothing. It just feels that at times you don't get many games that feel like they've been made by Brits. I love it when developers leave a bit of their national culture in a game and lately too many games have just felt like they have a generic "Western" feel. (Not as in wild west, I mean as in western hemisphere) I like British games to have a hint of British-ness to them, French games a bit Frenchy, Canadian games to feel like America's cool, slightly more chilled younger brother, Japanese games to make obscure cultural references or force us to grind the hell out of it to get anywhere etc, not some bland mix that looses all the unique flavours while doing so.

Chocolate is yummy. Bananas are yummy. Pizza is yummy. But for the love of god don't try to make a milkshake out of all three.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

There aren't any big British publishers left anymore and the Americans just tell the developers over here to make games for their market.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:There aren't any big British publishers left anymore and the Americans just tell the developers over here to make games for their market.
*Sigh* I know; it's so sad... >_<
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

There's not a lot on Steam that I'd recommend as it's generally much cheaper elsewhere (Left 4 Dead can be picked up much cheaper on Xbox for example)

Zeno Clash is worth checking out if it's under a tenner

There's a bunch of sega classics on there but why you'd pay for them when you can just get ROM's I don't know...(particuarly if you're like me and already own a gillion Sega compilation discs).
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I use Steam mainly for Unreal Tournament and Half Life but uhm. Give Alien Swarm a shot. It's pretty intense, and it's free! Also add me on Steam if you like. :] WrathX999
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

If you ever get Counter Strike or Team Fortress hit me up, my screen name is RWDebara.
Gamewise i recommend TeamFortress2, Counter Strike Source,Portal,Portal 2 once it comes out, Anno 1404, If you prefer PC gaming over consoles then get Battlefield 2 or Badcompany,

Me personally i love Steam.
The reason why you see valve games for the consoles cheaper nowadays (Only by $5 idk how it is in the UK) is because they die very quickly, no one really plays them cause Valve doesn't really care about the console market, it seems like they don't support their games on the consoles. On Steam ALL of their games are still being played(Even Halflife 1 online), their updated almost every week and you get free DLC's all the time while on the Xbox you still have to pay for them.

Another good thing about Steam is they always have great sales. Once they were giving out every valve game in a package just for $40. They did similar packages with ROCKSTAR,2K,EA,SEGA, etc.