So I Went And Got One of Those Steam Things...

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Braid, World of Goo, VVVVVV, Worms Reloaded, etc.

At least support the Indies! D;
I live here now!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Steam is really brilliant for the sales that they have on occasionally, so watch out for those. All of the games I own on Steam were bought through sales such as Left 4 Dead, Oblivion, Torchlight, Audiosurf, etc

Audiosurf is awesome though, probably my most played 'game' on my PC.

Sadly my PC broke, so haven't been on Steam in ages. I've managed to get it working somewhat now, but I can't get the Internet to work (Fix one problem and another pops up >_>) so I can't access my lovely Steam collection :(
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Give Alien Swarm a shot. It's pretty intense, and it's free!
Did that last night and had a quick 10 minute play. I died quickly (I was using a trackpad instead of a mouse) and my lappy struggled to keep up with it if I'm honest. Seemed all right though, good for a freebie.
Wolfdemon59 wrote:If you ever get Counter Strike or Team Fortress hit me up, my screen name is RWDebara.
Gamewise i recommend TeamFortress2, Counter Strike Source,Portal,Portal 2 once it comes out, Anno 1404, If you prefer PC gaming over consoles then get Battlefield 2 or Badcompany,
I'm tempted by TF2, but as I suggested I'm a little worried my laptop wouldn't hadle it. Portal 2 might end up on my 360 though; it's where I have number 1, however; it's really made for Steam isn't it?
Shadid wrote:Braid, World of Goo, VVVVVV, Worms Reloaded, etc.

At least support the Indies! D;

World of Goo is awesome; I already have it. No clue as to what VVVVVV is though. Worms is always a blast. (See what I did there? ^__^)
CapnCloudchaser wrote:All of the games I own on Steam were bought through sales such as Left 4 Dead, Oblivion, Torchlight, Audiosurf, etc

Audiosurf is awesome though, probably my most played 'game' on my PC.
The Audiosurf demo was pretty fun; especially with my stange taste in music.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

All the old adventures from Lucas Arts are great!!
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Kaito-kun wrote:I'm tempted by TF2, but as I suggested I'm a little worried my laptop wouldn't hadle it. Portal 2 might end up on my 360 though; it's where I have number 1, however; it's really made for Steam isn't it?
Depends how good or bad your computer is what sucks about Valve is that they barely do demos to see if it works on your computer. Just search up the system requirements for the game.

Also YES if you want the best version of Portal 2 you should defiantly get it for Steam. Instant updates and free DLC if any. Remember any Valve games has Steam in mind.

Valve announced at E3 that Portal 2 will be coming to PS3 with a Steam Program to get the same kind of updates you would get on the PC and saying it "will be the best console version of the game out there".
So they kinda emitted the 360 version will be the less favorable.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Kaito-kun wrote:World of Goo is awesome; I already have it. No clue as to what VVVVVV is though. Worms is always a blast. (See what I did there? ^__^)
(Oh, I see what you did there. ^_^ )

VVVVVV is an actually fun 8-bit fanmade platformer. I heard good stuff about it, it even got released on Steam yesterday, tis only 4,99€. Besides, you control gravity.

Oh! As CapnCloudchaser mentioned, Audiosurf and (one of my favourites) AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.

And speaking of Portal 2, I might get it for PC. Not only because I don't like shooters on consoles, but because of co-op mode, and how easier it is to get someone to play with you. (Also, be prepared for the puzzles. they ARE harder.) But I'm still considering the PS3 version, due to Steamworks...
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shadid wrote:
VVVVVV is an actually fun 8-bit fanmade platformer. I heard good stuff about it, it even got released on Steam yesterday, tis only 4,99€. Besides, you control gravity.

Oh! As CapnCloudchaser mentioned, Audiosurf and (one of my favourites) AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.
I took your advice and picked up VVVVVV; it is actually rather brilliant. Audiosurf is possibly next on my list, although I am still tempted by that mad item shop JRPG. Capitalism, ho!