What "Type" of game would you like SEGA to focus on next for sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.

What would you like SEGA to focus on next for sonic?

Main Series
77%
Storybook Series
8%
Racing games
No votes
Arcade games
8%
Party games
8%
Other spinoffs
No votes

Total votes: 13

ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I mean Sonic doesn't really like Amy.
Actually SEGA has said that he does like her. He's just to shy to say it outright. He treats her as more of a sister because he's too nervous to tell her how he feels.
ridersjet
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ridersjet »

There should be a game when mario and sonic would work togethor like a cross dimensional video game
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

ShadowPhantom wrote:Actually SEGA has said that he does like her. He's just to shy to say it outright. He treats her as more of a sister because he's too nervous to tell her how he feels.
I would like to see where you got this info from because thats not what i have read from interviews from Sonic Team employee's.
And how is running away to avoid her treating her like a sister?
ridersjet wrote:There should be a game when mario and sonic would work togethor like a cross dimensional video game
I wouldn't be surprise if they do that but i want to know how they ended up in the same world combining them. I have no idea.
Only thing i can think of is Robotnik and Bowser did something like activate some doomsday device or something at the sametime without knowing and screwed both of their worlds up.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

ShadowPhantom wrote:Actually SEGA has said that he does like her. He's just to shy to say it outright. He treats her as more of a sister because he's too nervous to tell her how he feels.
Yeah, I would like to know where you got that too. I mean it's clear that Sonic and Amy ARE friends, but Amy wants to be more than just friends with Sonic and the Blue Blur doesn't.

I know how Amy feels. Same thing happened to me. I could go on about it but then I'll be driving us off topic and have a lecture given by whoever patrols these boards.

And my opinion? Why can't he go in several directions like he is already? I mean, the storybook series can't just end with two games, and Black Knight was a fun game if you didn't mind a little departure from traditional Sonic, which all hardcore fans can use that occasional break. The Robin Hood idea I think is brilliant and someone should send it to SEGA to wherever does the brainstorming, but not too detailed of course so they can make it their own idea! (It's illegal for someone to take someone else's idea word-for-word)

On the flip side, Sonic 4 and Colors so far have looked brilliant, and I had low expectations for Colors when it was first announced for some reason. Presuming they turn out to be terrific, SEGA should stay the course for the main series.

And why not a Mario & Sonic at the Euro 2012? But SEGA must produce it. I wasn't fond of Super Mario Strikers... not pure soccer. Give me FIFA Street any day.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I really wana now wher the information comes from too! PLEASE! I am serios! I really want to know if it's true or not?

And for the Mario and Sonic teamwork thing, First, I really dont like mario but I geuss a teamwork game wouldn't hurt!
In fact, Somebody called Alvin Earthworm has made a Sprite cartoon or Sonic and Mario! It's called Super Mario bros. z and I have watchen it! If you like fast paste Sprite cartoons than this is the cartoon for you! Go watch it on youtube! It's really nice! It's not finished yet and their are only 8 episodes made for it. But It is quite nice and I think that is what you guys mean with sonic and mario working together. So go and watch one episode or two and tell me what you think about it! :biggrin:
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I'll try and find it again so you all can see. All right?
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Forgive me if this was already said but I really think they need to give the Adventure style game another try, just with mechanics/physics more like the Dreamcast titles rather than Heroes, Shadow, and the 2006 game. The control was good and tight in those games and it felt more like a high speed platformer than a "hold a direction and wait for the quicktime event" type of game. Not that I have anything against quicktimes really, they just need to be used sparingly. Maybe Generations will have some cool stuff to make me think otherwise though.
Grannamir
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Grannamir »

As for me, i dream with the day i see a new Sonic game, in a new console from Sega.
I hope that the rumors about a new console, based in a new arcade 3D board, prove to be true.
I miss the old days when Sega e Nintendo are the kings of the Videogames....
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, that'd be great, but it'll never happen. Gaming has come on in leaps and bounds since those days, and SEGA's output isn't plentiful enough to justify a new console. They're much happier, and much more successful, being 3rd party these days.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Oh yes we all wish that.
Pitty though. It annoys me how my friends tease sega for making games only.