Scott Pilgrim vs ZA WARUDO

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Scott Pilgrim vs ZA WARUDO

Post by Kaito-kun »

*Hops on the bandwagon* Right, anybody read the comics? Seen the (Fantastic) film the lets you get your geekiness on or played the game that is a loving tribute to all things retro?

I've seen the film and loved it; I want to see it again soon or at the absolute least I'd like get the blu-ray when it comes out. It had so many fantastic moments (Which I shall wrap a few of which in the spoiler tag in case you've not seen it yet)
Click to reveal
As for the game I've tried out the trial and I'm tempted to buy the full version. I've very much enjoyed it, but I'm slightly worried it may loose steam further into the game. Is it worth it? Or should I just pick up the soundtrack from iTunes like I did with Let's Tap! ?
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

I was hoping someone would bring this awesome series up, I absolutely loved the movie, I have seen it 6 times in the theaters (hopefully I can see it more in theaters if it shows up in my local 3 dollar theater soon) I bought all 6 volumes of the graphic novel and have bought and played through the game many times, not to mention I bought the super awesome soundtrack to the game by Anamanaguchi. So ya Scott Pilgrim is completely awesome, definitely buy the game, doesn't lose steam at all.

I just wish the movie sold better in theaters and i wish it was still around where I live.
Enjoy it in theaters while it lasts. Don't miss out! :)
Proud Shump Chump
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Finally, someone speaks of this!

Yes, I read the comics on screen...(wait for it.), and after I got to Seattle, right on the day I arrived, I watched the movie. Simply hilaaaarious. of course, the quotes Kaito mentioned were legendary, but there is one that I prefer the most...
Click to reveal
And on the last day of it, my brother gave me the Scott Pilgrim PAX Pack as a birthday gift, which included:

- all 6 volumes of Pilgrim;
- 1 Scott & 1 Ramona wristband;
- a Pilgrim t-shirt.

I re-read them all, it was again, hilarious.

Now, the only thing left is to play the full game. By Friday, I might get it off PSN, as I'll be back to Portugal by then. And the demo...you all know I loved it. ^__^
I live here now!
miharbi_nami
Level 4
Level 4

Post by miharbi_nami »

Some of my favourite quotes are......
Click to reveal
...and many more! I nearly choked on my popcorn!
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Aw man, I wanted to see the movie, but it's not in theaters where I live anymore :(
ImageImage
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Play.com have the blu-ray down as 27th of december, what a massive amount of suck :( out tuesday in the US.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Play.com have the blu-ray down as 27th of december, what a massive amount of suck :( out tuesday in the US.
Lucky Yanks. Maybe they're hoping people in the UK will buy it with money/vouchers they're given for Christmas.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Lucky Yanks. Maybe they're hoping people in the UK will buy it with money/vouchers they're given for Christmas.
Probably a good idea since it apparently bombed at box office.
Schezo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schezo »

I love the comics and basically forced most people I know to read it. Haven't seen the movie yet, but plan on doing it this weekend with a bunch of friends.

Played through the game with a buddy a few times and, as much as I want to like it, it sure is hard to love this one. I might not be that good at fighters like this, but I grew up with Street Gangs (River City Ransom) and Streets of Rage and enjoy them allot. This enjoyment is kind of lacking here because of it's steep difficulty. It might be more balanced if you go all out with 4 players, but with only 2 it gets so brutally difficult halfway through the game.

When the best strategy to beat the game is to replay the first level 10-20 times and grind money so you can buy some of the best items in the game, I'd say there's something wrong in the game design.

Still, it's graphics by Paul Robertson and music by Anamanaguchi, so it sure is an enjoyable ride the first time around.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I didn't find the game to be too hard at all and I played solo.

Also it's only 400msp this week for Gold Members. Probably to celebrate us not getting the film this week.