Crazy idea, but what do you think of a Sonic the hedgehog first person shooting game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Crazy idea, but what do you think of a Sonic the hedgehog first person shooting game?

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hi people! I already had a thread like this before. But I think nobody understood what I meant so I remade it a little.
Resently I had this crazy idea about a sonic the hedgehog first person shooting game. I know it sounds crazy and I know SEGA would never make it but I thought I share my idea with you guys!
I mean just imagine if SEGA and the creators of Call of Duty would come together and create a game of their own. I even know what the title should be:

Call of Sonic
Operation Green hill

Now thats what I would call a CRAZY idea. Just imagin everything that you do in a normal sonic game would turn a little bit more violent. Like you actually had a gun and the poor animals that were turned into robots were more dangerous and... . lol

And if you think Sonic would fit with guns that what about shadow?

Call of Shadow
Operation Green hill

or they could actually create a shadow the hedgehog 2 game and do it FPS?

If nintendo did that with Samus than why not Shadow?
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Hi people! I already had a thread like this before. But I think nobody understood what I meant so I remade it a little.
Resently I had this crazy idea about a sonic the hedgehog first person shooting game. I know it sounds crazy and I know SEGA would never make it but I thought I share my idea with you guys!
I mean just imagine if SEGA and the creators of Call of Duty would come together and create a game of their own. I even know what the title should be:

Call of Sonic
Operation Green hill

Now thats what I would call a CRAZY idea. Just imagin everything that you do in a normal sonic game would turn a little bit more violent. Like you actually had a gun and the poor animals that were turned into robots were more dangerous and... . lol

Call of Shadow
Operation Green hill

One - Never gonna happen.

And Two - that's because Samus fit well in a first person perspective. Bounty hunting + killing Metroids and Ridley + FPS = NES Metroid Gamer's dream. Ever wondered why the Prime series is still discussed a lot? (I still need to get Other M, heard it was good.)

And besides, Sonic is supposed to be about speed and getting Robotnik, how would that fit on a FPS, especially Shadow? SEGA only used the gun gimmick on Shadow so that it could sell. Games with guns sell, in SEGA's perspective. No wonder Shadow the Hedgehog and 06 were awful, but still sold.
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:
That's not a "CRAZY idea" it's a monumentally stupid one. Aside from it being a bad idea in general even if Sonic Team did loose their marbles and consider it the folks in SEGA's boardroom would remind them that Sonic is a family friendly franchise and also of how well received Shadow the Hedgehog was, their last attempt at making a more "mature" (And I use the term loosely) game in the franchise.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Guys! That was just a suggestion! Dont get angry and call me stupid! I just wanted to shair my idea! OK?
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

The idea was stupid, why would SEGA go lower on their reputation by releasing a sequel to an, and I'm 100% honest, I played the game, an god awful attempt to make a mature game, like Kaito said?
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Guys! That was just a suggestion! Dont get angry and call me stupid! I just wanted to shair my idea! OK?
No-one's calling you stupid and I doubt anyone will; there's no need to get defensive, heck, I love that you're contributing to the site: The only thing I called stupid was the idea, whoever it came from is irrelevant.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Man! Remind me next time be more cautious with new ideas about Sonic games...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Brilliant idea. We need more FPSes that are fast, like the Sonic platformers were compared to the rest of the genre. Something like Timesplitters 2's single player crossed with Outrigger would be good.
Tic Tac, sir?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Man! Remind me next time be more cautious with new ideas about Sonic games...
Calm down; they weren't calling you anything, like they said.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Hi people! I already had a thread like this before. But I think nobody understood what I meant so I remade it a little.

Call of Sonic
Operation Green hill

Call of Shadow
Operation Green hill

Im sorry but No. Not to sound mean but no.
I would loose all respect to Sonic, and SEGA. Im joining Nintendo XD XD XD
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.