Games that only you could ever love.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

Playing as Shadow? That's interesting, my favorite part was Sonic and I HATED Silver.

I got Gems Collection simply for Sonic R. I never had the chance to play it on PC and I never owned a Saturn.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

You mean games other than Sonic? :P

I actually enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, including the Warehog, despite the fact I often complain about the ending and everyone I know complains about the game too. My old housemate became addicted to the daytime stages though and likes putting up speed runs on YouTube.

I agree with Crippenstation about playing as Shadow in 06, he was the most fun character by far.

I remember when Panzer Dragoon Saga got panned by reviewers when it first came out but I loved it. Now it's matured into an adored classic.

Only other thing I can think of is Streets of Rage 3, which I prefer to the second.

There aren't really many games that I like that everyone hates though.. For the most part, I only buy games which have been critically acclaimed, or are unique in some way. I can't afford to buy games much, so I try and maintain my own high standards for games that I do purchase.

That said, there are a few games that are loved by all that I can't stand.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Sonic The Drunk wrote:I knew a guy who obsessed over that game a while back, though sadly I never played it. :wet:

I guess my answer to this topic would be that N64 Star Wars Pod Racing game. My cousin and I spent hours playing that game when we were young.
I loved played Star Wars Episode 1 Racer too, but on the Dreamcast ;)
crippenstation wrote:Also, 2 pieces of trivia: I bought a Gamecube for the sole purpose of getting the Sonic Gems Collection. I loved the Mega Collection Plus so much, I wanted to do whatever it takes to get it. I got that and the Sonic Adventure 2-Pack while I was at it... awesome.

Oh, and I enjoyed playing as Shadow in Sonic 06, he's the only character I play as when I play that game now.
I also bought the Gamecube for a sonic game, Sonic Heroes! I really do like the game a lot.

And for Sonic 06, I enjoyed playing as Sonic sometimes because of the different shoe upgrades you could use, and sometimes Shadow because he could pummel enemies, and even Silver just to throw stuff around but he sucked the worst. I actually thought Blaze was a pretty cool character to play in the game. I wish I could have played as her more than Silver.
ImageImage
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I personally like Sonic Heroes alot as well. I also love the entire Warriors series by Koei which no critics (and sometimes people) seem to like at all. I also never hear about anyone talking about Bloody Roar. Last but not least, I loved Ehrgeiz.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
SuperMatt723
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SuperMatt723 »

Star Fox Assault. everyone I talk to, either hates this game or complains about it not being good. But, i loved it.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:I personally like Sonic Heroes alot as well. I also love the entire Warriors series by Koei which no critics (and sometimes people) seem to like at all. I also never hear about anyone talking about Bloody Roar. Last but not least, I loved Ehrgeiz.
Bloody Roar is f---ing awesome. And I would love to find a copy of Ehrgeiz someday.
ImageImage
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

I loved Star Fox Assault. I'm glad they stayed pretty true to the original gameplay with it.

No Regrets!
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Well, to me, I personally loved Monkey Island. The storyline was fun, the characters were hilarious, and the environment was divinal.

But on the case of SEGA, it has to go or to Shinobi 3 or Streets of Rage 2. Those was gorgeous.
I live here now!
miharbi_nami
Level 4
Level 4

Post by miharbi_nami »

I couldn't help it but I loved Ape Escape and Frogger on PSP. It was frickin' awesome. And of course I will always love Kingdom Hearts and SSX Tricky! I can't help myself!! *Game Overload!* Oh and Sonic Heroes! :3
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Ape Escape was an amazing game when I played is on PSOne, I'm assuming PSP is the same?

No Regrets!