Games that only you could ever love.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Games that only you could ever love.

Post by Kaito-kun »

There are many games in the world; from the big budget Hollywood style blockbusters, the franchises with the rabid online fanbase, the puzzlers that draws the casual gamers in by the droves and then there are those weird titles that no one apart from you seems to like. This is a thread devoted to those games that fall into that final category. Tell us about that game that you own, and enjoy, even though it was universally panned by critics and friends alike.

For me that classic 360 title "WarTech Senko no Ronde" (Also known as Senko no Ronde Rev. X) falls into that category. A hybred shum'up/one on one fighter that's a sequel to a previous arcade and Dreamcast (That woke you up didn't it?) game isn't a bad game per say it's just...Not great. Many people complained as it never had an English dub others were simply frustrated at the lack of finding an online match outside of the Japanese timezone, the game's plot is incredibly dis-jointed and nonsensicle and some (I'll include myself in this last point) found the game's achievements an ever-lasting grind to a seemingly never reachable goal. However, for all of it's faults, I do really like it. I shouldn't, but I do and that's what makes it special really.

*Crosses fingers in the unlikely hope that the sequel will be released in the West*
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

...Didn't realise it was a kids game as it was the first game I bought in English....

But heck, I love it.

I'm not embarassed at all.... *blush*
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

For me it would be Kingdom Hearts. I think im the only person who actually gets the storyline. Also another game was called EOE (Eve Of Extiction) on the PS2. Loved that game.
Virtua
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Virtua »

Rings of Power on the Mega Drive. Big and rewarding adventure/RPG, but unless you loved it back in the day, there's no way you could get into it today :(
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Gynoug (Wings of Wor for you genesis fiends)

epic music
epic sounds

epic game

*jizzes self*
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Nyammy Spoon wrote:Image

...Didn't realise it was a kids game as it was the first game I bought in English....

But heck, I love it.

I'm not embarassed at all.... *blush*
Wow lol, I think my girlfriend likes some old Rugrats game too, but it was called the Search for Reptar.
ImageImage
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

This was my favorite game on the PlayStation. It was awesome, each mission was based on an actual episode from the show and it was very accurate.
This game actually has a HUGE fanbase and its sequels.

As a kid the main reason why you want to beat this game is to unlock the last mission. What was the last mission? You get to be Reptar and destroy a city. EPIC. Well for a kids point of view XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XYzYf52js

This game just made me smile when I remembered the exact episode the mission its based on and know whats going to happen next.
This game also gave me nightmares as a child.

One mission was based on the episode when the power went out. Tommy thinks he can turn the lights back on if he opens the refrigerator door. So in the game you had to walk through the entire house in the dark and there was ghosts roaming around, they terrified me when i was a kid because they would come out of no where with out warning sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0utj8OfcWw0

Plus other missions.
But yeah this was a great game especially if your a fan of the Rugrats.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

^ Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that good...hmm. I must have missed out.
ImageImage
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

Virtua wrote:Rings of Power on the Mega Drive. Big and rewarding adventure/RPG, but unless you loved it back in the day, there's no way you could get into it today. :(
I knew a guy who obsessed over that game a while back, though sadly I never played it. :wet:

I guess my answer to this topic would be that N64 Star Wars Pod Racing game. My cousin and I spent hours playing that game when we were young.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I've got three, first of them was a little known sports game:

(Thumbnail of the cover along with screenshot below)
This game was rushed a little, and it is evident, but the presentation for a game for its time was amazing and was an addictive title from the structureless 1-on-1 street practice mode to regular games. Also as a little trivia, Doc Rivers provides the color commentary in this game, who has since become an NBA World Champion head coach.

Also, 2 pieces of trivia: I bought a Gamecube for the sole purpose of getting the Sonic Gems Collection. I loved the Mega Collection Plus so much, I wanted to do whatever it takes to get it. I got that and the Sonic Adventure 2-Pack while I was at it... awesome.

Oh, and I enjoyed playing as Shadow in Sonic 06, he's the only character I play as when I play that game now.
Attachments
foxnba2k_screen001.jpg
1095934-foxsportsnbabasketball2000_large.jpg
1095934-foxsportsnbabasketball2000_large.jpg (24.04 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...