Error Report Center: Radio Stream & Request Issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

yuzoboy wrote:Im not sure if its just me, but I get the following error while clicking on Playlists and Requests

Code: Select all

status=err
SQL error=Could not connect to MySQL server
Is this known or being fixed at all?
It would suggest that the site can't see the server through the firewall. Probably my fault for not opening the port when I moved house. I'll get cracking on it!!

Edit: fixed
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ah yes. Works now.

Thank you
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

There seems to be problem with the Top 10 Requests chart...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Skyblaze
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Skyblaze »

Hi. New here.

Since SegaSonic Radio has gone dark, I thought I'd try RadioSega to give me some tunes at work. Trouble is, whenever I try and liten, the site always reports 'Stream offline due to technical issues'.

I've been waiting several days, now. Is there a problem, or is it to do with my set-up at work?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Do you have a media player like Winamp?

And welcome :D
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Skyblaze wrote:Hi. New here.

Since SegaSonic Radio has gone dark, I thought I'd try RadioSega to give me some tunes at work. Trouble is, whenever I try and liten, the site always reports 'Stream offline due to technical issues'.

I've been waiting several days, now. Is there a problem, or is it to do with my set-up at work?
I believe there's a problem with the code that grabs the statistics for the radio and puts up a default "offline" message.

What I would suggest is to try it anyway in your preferred media player (although Windows Media Player will only work with the plugin installed), and let us know if it still isn't working. :)
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Skyblaze wrote:Since SegaSonic Radio has gone dark, I thought I'd try RadioSega to give me some tunes at work. Trouble is, whenever I try and liten, the site always reports 'Stream offline due to technical issues'.
As foreversonic said below, the stream is working - it was just the notice on the website that was incorrect. However, that's now been fixed so you should see the proper server status on the website now - http://www.radiosega.net/listen.php
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

As you may have noticed, the main page is showing an offline message, similar to the one that we had in place for the server move.

I updated the content server so that it "should" allow us to relay the music and shows from the AAC stream to the MP3 stream and after a reboot, the server adapted a BSoD-Reboot routine. Attempting to restore this in safe mode appears to get further in the boot process but still gets caught in a BSoD-Reboot loop.

Unfortunately, this has happened on a week-night so it'll have to stay this way until I have finished work. If it isn't fixed this evening, it may have to stay this way until I can blitz it at the weekend.

When the server went down, there were a certain amount of website features that also relied upon this and so when the content server went down, most of the site became unusable, so instead of seeing error messages, I put an offline message in place.

Please bear with us while we get this sorted.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Sega Rally - Desert Land throws that 603 unknown error out when trying to request it.
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

There is a problem with the link to the IRC chatroom. I keepclicking on it and the page can't be displayed. I don't know it happens to anyone else, or its just me.

Luckly I saved the actual link in my favourites so all i need to do is head to my favourites and click on there.