Error Report Center: Radio Stream & Request Issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Hydroloach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hydroloach »

What's the story, are requests still down? :blink:

Just been on for the first time in a while and there doesn't appear to have been any requests made in 3 weeks or so. Sad Face.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Really unsure, to be honest. Everytime we've fixed them, something else has broken it. Reckon it'll be like that until Project 7 launches.
Swamp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Swamp »

Gavvie wrote:Really unsure, to be honest. Everytime we've fixed them, something else has broken it. Reckon it'll be like that until Project 7 launches.
What's the tentative date for that?

The now/next song list isn't updating whenever the music changes. The only way that I can obtain song info now is through iTunes (streaming the station). Whenever I'm on my iPad/iPhone and streaming the station, I'm unable to get any song info.
Discrimination between the imaginary and the real can only be made through behavior.
-Turbo
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Swamp wrote:What's the tentative date for that?
Good question. The thing that's holding me up at the moment is that I'm trying to work out how to skin vBulletin 4.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Once it's been skinned, we'll be flying ^_^ I'm going to be helping build the site, content wise, once that's been done, so we'll be up to date when we launch.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Okay, I have some things to say about the playlist:
1. Some tracks have the person who made it, others have the game the track originated from, and those who just shows the title of the track. I'm not sure if that's right.

2.I can only request two tracks for some reason. I tried requesting a 3rd song but it keeps saying only 15 tracks can be requested every hour. What's happening?

3.The latest requests list isn't updated either, probably because of the main stream being offline, I don't know.

Is all this part of the switch, by any chance?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

SilverSonic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SilverSonic »

The Current Playlist is directly from foreversonic's music library, the real RadioSEGA playlist has yet to be fully transferred to the new content server, and as for the latest request list, foreversonic hasn't re-coded that part of the site yet.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

What about the requesting? Is that only on foreversonic's playlist or is it a bug in the stream?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

mtwinny wrote:Okay, I have some things to say about the playlist:
1. Some tracks have the person who made it, others have the game the track originated from, and those who just shows the title of the track. I'm not sure if that's right.

2.I can only request two tracks for some reason. I tried requesting a 3rd song but it keeps saying only 15 tracks can be requested every hour. What's happening?

3.The latest requests list isn't updated either, probably because of the main stream being offline, I don't know.

Is all this part of the switch, by any chance?
To answer your questions:
1) As correctly stated by Silver Sonic, this is all due to the transition from the old server to the new. Foreversonic put a load of music in from his own library for while the content is being transferred. I am assured the 'poorly' tagged tracks will be removed on completion.
2) I can see the server is only configured to allow 2 requests per hour. I don't want to change this myself (you know - just in case), but I will ask Foreversonic to take a look at that and restore it to the level it should be.
3) I don't know how the latest requests list is populated, but I'm guessing it's a database or syncing issue. Again, I'll ask Foreversonic about those when I see him.

Hopefully that answers your questions!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Can we lock this until the playlist/server move is done?
Or else we'll just keep getting the same question over and over.