Error Report Center: Radio Stream & Request Issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Error Report Center: Radio Stream & Request Issues

Post by Spawn of Jack »

Hello everyone! This is where you can report issues with our music stream or request system, we hope to keep everything running smooth here, and you can help!

Please only report issues here with stream down time/inaccessibility or our playlist request system

For any issues with specific tracks, please go here http://radiosega.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2312
Proud Shump Chump
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

I've been noticing that many requests are coming from "unregistered". Not really sure what causes this problem, thought I would point it out though

(sorry for the double post, just wanted to keep this separate from the starting post)
Proud Shump Chump
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

That's not a problem, disregard it.

What happened was that SEGA tweeted us a while back, and sent a surge of activity to the homepage. We opened up requests for unregistered users in the hopes that they'd register on the site and become a part of our community. It didn't QUITE work out that way.

Still, that's why. No error ^_^
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I guess now unregistered users can't request now, but is there someone who registered under the name 'Unregistered'? I still see that name for some reason.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

No. I think I know what's happened here, and unfortunately I can't think of an easy fix.

See, I think that the unregistered members are the ones who were able to make requests during live shows. Guessing they did this by saving the URL links to the songs they wanted to request, and then clicking them every so often. Whilst the Playlist shuts during Live shows, the links themselves still work, hence you could spam a song whilst requests are locked.

NB - Don't do it, I will slap you around a lot, cos it's naughty.

As for how to resolve this...short of replacing every URL in the RS playlist, it's not gonna happen easily.
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

Well, I can't help but notice time after time that there have been corrupted or misplaced songs on RadioSEGA. However, there seems to not be enough effort to report these.

So, I have a new, simple method to report them:

1. You can create a simple text file of the corrupted/misplaced songs you hear on the radio and send them to me personally OR...

2. Just make a post of what you wish to report and KEEP EDITING that post when something else comes up.

If you notice that someone else has posted a particular corrupted track, you don't have to post it again. I want to fix every possible corrupted track in bulk, so as much of it is fixed at one time.

I will post updates as to which ones have been fixed/removed here.
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

I have already created a thread for this purpose, will lock for now, if you want we can merge this post into the old thread
Proud Shump Chump
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Requests haven't been working for me over the last couple of days; it seems to queue the tracks up on the site, but skips over them. >_<
SilverSonic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SilverSonic »

The Now Playing Script on site doesnt seem to work at times, at the moment its been stuck saying this: NOW: Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 (Arrange) - Silent palace
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

I am having the same problem as the person above. So it's not just me then.