Do you think Sonic Archie comic characters like Sally Acorn should be in Sonic games?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.

Should SEGA put Sonic Archie comic characters into the Sonic games?

YES!
36%
NO!
64%

Total votes: 11

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gonic wrote:Borders (before is shut down) use to sell the Sonic Archie Comic and it was horrbile :P (Bring back sonic the comic!). I think SEGA already introduced enough to the actual sonic game it self and there not even the slightest bit intersting (besides blaze). The archie sonic characters are also un-intresting and if sega ever put them in a sonic game, i'll stop being a sonic fan for the rest of my life

They still sell the Archie comics at my place and I LOVE them! I actually like them more than the games. dont know why but I just love the world of sonic in the comics more. And since I am a new reader of sonic archie comics (Because only last year I came to a civilised country ((Australia)) and I just found out that they are selling them here) I am looking everywhere to collect every single issue. There are 217 issues in total. I have issues 206-216. And I also got the Archive Voliums which have the Old sonic. I got volium 0-9 which means. I got issues 0-35. I think that's a really good step for one year.

I really dont get what's so intresting about Sonic the Comic. I have checked some info about it in the web and I really cant see what was so good about it ;) . I mean C'mon, Evil Super Sonic? And Sally Acorn is like So fat! :biggrin: :blink: .

Anyway, I dont know why and I am shure many of you dissagree but some how I really wished Sally Acorn was in the games. -_-

Oh well, I geuss I can't always have what I want! :biggrin:
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I personally don't like any of the comics.
I look through the Archie ones at Barnes & Noble once in awhile to see the artwork but the promblem is their story is all over the place, i thought the games had bad storys but the comics just jump from one thing to another. When it does start getting amusing it just hits a wall when you get to the end its like they don't think it through, they don't know where they want the story to go.
Another thing i hate is they always change the people doing the comics. In a few issues its drawn and written pretty well then later on its just drawn horrible and the dialog sucks since they keep rotating their writers and artists.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I really dont get what's so intresting about Sonic the Comic. I have checked some info about it in the web and I really cant see what was so good about it ;) . I mean C'mon, Evil Super Sonic? And Sally Acorn is like So fat! :biggrin: :blink: .
That's because it's not the same Sally. As for StC, read it, don't check out info on it, read it. It's got a much better plot than Archie. I admit, Archie has better artists, but Fleetway has better writers.

My main reson I don't like the Archie comics? Too many fancharacters. Yeah, I said it. Mina, Nicole, Sonic's parents, Tails' parents, The Acorn family, Snively, Antione, Rotor, all the echidnas, Scourge, Fiona, Hershey, Julie-Su, ect. They really take the spolight away from Sonic. StC only has Ebony, Johnny and Porker, and even then the spolight remains on Sonic.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Oh Scourge.... My favorite Viline of all time! Best! He looks cool and is awsome.

Anyway, do you know where I can fined some stories of the STC books? I geuss I could try once.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

ShadowPhantom wrote:That's because it's not the same Sally. As for StC, read it, don't check out info on it, read it. It's got a much better plot than Archie. I admit, Archie has better artists, but Fleetway has better writers.

My main reson I don't like the Archie comics? Too many fancharacters. Yeah, I said it. Mina, Nicole, Sonic's parents, Tails' parents, The Acorn family, Snively, Antione, Rotor, all the echidnas, Scourge, Fiona, Hershey, Julie-Su, ect. They really take the spolight away from Sonic. StC only has Ebony, Johnny and Porker, and even then the spolight remains on Sonic.
I love you :P

Sally Acorn wasn't in StC, was she? I loved the stories of StC though and how it used plots from the games, but with a twist. My favourite two were the Death Egg story with Knuckles and then the Metallix one with the Chaotix. Awesome stuff.

Plus they turned Amy into a great character.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Anyway, do you know where I can fined some stories of the STC books? I geuss I could try once.

Well, don't base your opinion on the first few issues. The plots get much better as they go along. The first few issues aren't really inter-connected, but story arcs become apparent in later issues. And stop when you get to issue 184. Anything after that is just reprints. My favorite story arcs are Running Wild and the Chaos Saga. Heck when I first started I skipped the first few issues. You could ask someone else who knows the issues a bit better for advice on where to start.
CapnCloudchaser wrote:Sally Acorn wasn't in StC, was she?
There was a small squirrel girl named Sally Acorn, but she is nothing like Archie's Sally Acorn. She looks like one of the squirrel animals from the early games and also rarely shows up. You might remember her though. She has a younger brother named Tufftee.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Thanks for the link Phantom. Been wanting to read them again for years :)
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I only know those characters from the awesome cartoon, not the crap US comics, but aye. As much as I'd want to see them in the games, I don't think Sega are capable or wanting to make a game good enough to do it justice, and they'd basically be reduced to being the equivalent of Crapface the Crocodile or whatever the new game's new character will be.