Do you think Sonic Archie comic characters like Sally Acorn should be in Sonic games?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.

Should SEGA put Sonic Archie comic characters into the Sonic games?

YES!
36%
NO!
64%

Total votes: 11

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Do you think Sonic Archie comic characters like Sally Acorn should be in Sonic games?

Post by Quills on Wheels »

:sonic: Hi Everyone! I always have wondered if SEGA should put Sonic Archie comic characters into the games itself. I mean Except Sonic Spinball's Special stages, Whe haven't seen those characters befoure and I think that they should offecially be put into the games. Especially Sally acorn. I think Its about time that Some "Relation ship" would be put in the games. I mean what's wrong with a relationship? We all will have one! And Sonic is allready 19! I mean shure some people say Amy is the person but I personally don't think that. :nono:

But back to the subject, I think Sonic archie characters should be put in the games.
one of the other reasons is because it's really hard to put the two stories into one. I mean, they story of both stories are sooooo different! In the games world, Sonic lives in the human world and in the comic book world Sonic lives in mobius with a princess and some other characters.

Now, These are just my opinion. You can come too and write your opinion on if the Archie characters should or shouldn't come to the gaming world. :huh:
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Surely there are already enough punchable characters in the franchise. I don't particularly want to learn about the existence of more.

Edit: Besides, the only non-game Sonic character worth mentioning was the mad butler with the bad accent from Sonic X.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Personally speaking, I wouldn't want to see any kind of adult relationship in Sonic games, I think Sonic 06 was enough for that. Hell, loads of people complain just about Sonic having any kind of story, so let's not push it!

Also, introducing Archie characters might confuse people who live in areas where Archie comics aren't as readily available. My only experience with Sally Acorn etc is from SatAM and that's it. To me, those characters aren't canon characters because they've never appeared in a game

We all have our own ideas for Sonic games, and not everyone shares the same vision or agree on the same things. Your best bet is making your own fan game.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

CapnCloudChaser has a point. The Archie-exclusive characters in the Sonic universe (no comic book spinoff pun intended) are only seen in the United States and would cause confusion to Japanese, European, and even casual American gamers who still aren't even aware that Sonic has a comic book series or don't know it's still going. Although I wouldn't mind an occasional reference to each other, it's best that the video game side remains the video game side, the comic side remains the comic side, and the TV side remains the TV side.

The only time I can see all of the universes colliding in a way that would work would be if there was say a 'Sonic Riders: The Ultimate Universe' game with all the video game characters unlocked from the start and all the comic and TV sides have to be unlocked by completing certain challenges as well as boards and courses related to those universes. It would be kind of fun boarding as Francis and dominate Danny and Chris (all from Sonic X).

Of course, that's NEVER going to happen. It's for the best that it stays that way.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Personally speaking, I wouldn't want to see any kind of adult relationship in Sonic games, I think Sonic 06 was enough for that.

You might be right but remember that that was a relationship between a HEDGEHOG and a HUMAN PRINCESS! :blink: Offcourse that's wiered but if both were animals, it might have made more sense.

Ofcaurse you defenetally have a point and if SEGA would put the Archie comic characters right now on the next sonic game, everybody would be confused on who they are and what they do. Ofcourse if you would change the story a little bit, It would be easy to intruduce sally and the others to the gaming world. for excample Just imagin sega makes a game and the story starts like this:
One day, in the many places that sonic the hedgehog has gone, Sonic decides to visit Mobius, The famous kingdom of the Acorns (ofcaurse humans also live in there). Again, Eggman tries to kidnap the princess so he can trade her for the misticall gems of the acorns which contain tramendes power but sonic saves her and insted eggman tries it with sally's parents and kidnaps them (Who said everything has to be the same with the comics? I only want the characters!). He tells sally and sonic that if Sally wants to see his parent ever again, she has to give the Gems. Ofcaurse sonic and sally try to trick eggman but fail and he gets the gems. BUT tails, knuckles, Amy, Antoine, Rotor, Bunny have allready collected the chaos emeralds and give it to Sonic and Sally. With the power of the chaos emeralds, Sonic and Sally turn into their super form (Yeah thats right! Super Sally!) and with the help of Sonic's friends, Tails, knuckles and Amy and Sally's frands, Antoine, Rotor and Bunny Rabbot, They diffite the powerfull robot of eggman!
After that, Sally decides to leave her kingdom and Join Sonic on saving the world!
THE END!

And after this game, everybody would knew Sally acorn and the others and whenever SEGA wanted to put Sally or the others in any other game, nobody would be confused!

So? :)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Seriosly, Is everybody finished? No more comments? That's odd. And I wanted to talk sooooooooooo much about them yet. :( .

Oh well, You cant alway have everything you need! :) Can you?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Please don't bump threads if there's nothing you have to add to them.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Borders (before is shut down) use to sell the Sonic Archie Comic and it was horrbile :P (Bring back sonic the comic!). I think SEGA already introduced enough to the actual sonic game it self and there not even the slightest bit intersting (besides blaze). The archie sonic characters are also un-intresting and if sega ever put them in a sonic game, i'll stop being a sonic fan for the rest of my life
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

The Borders where I live still sells the Archie comics and I still like to look at them sometimes. They can be amusing but I don't think they would work in games.
ImageImage
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I much prefer Fleetway over Archie. None of these characters belong in the games though.