Phantasy Star Online 2

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Of course with freemium there's always the worry of "will this be good F2P like Tribes/Team Fortress 2, or terrible F2P like Spiral Knights".
Considering that Spiral Knights and Phantasy Star Online 2 will both be SEGA published freemium titles, I'm leaning towards the latter for now.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Considering that Spiral Knights and Phantasy Star Online 2 will both be SEGA published freemium titles, I'm leaning towards the latter for now.
True, that would certainly be a cause for concern as Spiral Knights has probably one of the worse F2P models I have ever seen. Though I don't think SEGA Japan has much to do with that game so there's some hope.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:True, that would certainly be a cause for concern as Spiral Knights has probably one of the worse F2P models I have ever seen. Though I don't think SEGA Japan has much to do with that game so there's some hope.
True, true. Spiral Knights was by Three Rings Design, located in the U.S. However, it's still something to keep in mind. We must be cautious.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Puzzle Pirates model wasn't great either, but it was significantly better than Spiral Knight's, so SEGA (USA) may have had something to do with that.
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

Ya know, I'd really like to see that...
TheBritishAndy
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheBritishAndy »

When I heard Phantasy Star Online 2 was going to be Free To Play I was really happy, there are quite a few good MMO's that have now gone to the Free To Play stage or have been Free To Play when it first came out and hearing that PSO2 it going to be Free as well is awesome I must say.

I don't know if the PS Vita version is going to be selling in the US & Europe but if it is and not the PC version, then that's another reason why I want to get a Vita now. :D
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't see why the Vita version wouldn't come out over here. It's not like the Vita is selling much worse here than it is in Japan.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Reknoc wrote:I don't see why the Vita version wouldn't come out over here. It's not like the Vita is selling much worse here than it is in Japan.
Well, seeing as the Vita is region free, you could always import it if it didn't, and just try and manage with Japanese text. Course, the PSN account issue might be a little bit of a problem...
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

played the JP benchmark and character creation demo today. it's really great, haha. including the character creation, amazingly detailed for sure.

for anyone who wants the demo, it's right here. bottom of the page. (http://pso2.jp/benchmark/)though it's in all Japanese, it should be easy to get around.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Open Beta has started. You can register here and can go here if you need a guide.

I've registered and installed it, now I'm just waiting for it to update and not mess up again.