Chrome
36%
Internet Explorer
16%
Safari
4%
Opera
No votes
Other (Please remember to let us know which!)
4%

Total votes: 50

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

So i'm the only one on here who uses Opera according to the poll
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I used to use Opera but I had issues with it simply not loading up certain websites. Instead it'd just load a blank white page. Chrome however very seldomly crashes on me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
littlered615
Level 1
Level 1

Post by littlered615 »

I use google chrome because of the extensions and the fast loading with the browser. This browser also has Adobe Flash built-in which makes it run very fast on flash programs. This is also the first one that made up the HTML5 browsing, so the platform on that browser is very well developed.
Littlered615 Media Network: http://littlered615media.net/ | Twitter (@lm615cast) | Facebook (lm615cast)
IRC: irc.randomsonicnet.org #Littlered615Media
Discord: https://discord.gg/HfgpGnn
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

The reason I use Firefox is because of the expandability, the capability of switching between a minimalistic browser or an all out every option in front of you type deal. I gave every browser a tryout of one month each and so far nothing has changed my mind (I like chrome somewhat because of the built-in features as well as Opera because of it's ability to make even slow connections a little faster due to compression (though image quality does suffer). Firefox has been pretty stable for me (even when I use Aurora). I've been a Firefox user since version 2 (and Firefox has come a real long way since then).
Sonic the Hedgehog is "Way Past Cool":guitar:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" Thomas Edison
"I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world." Thomas Edison
"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." Thomas Edison
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Check out how you can make firefox faster
http://webanthology.net/all-you-need-to ... 009/11/29/
Just make a backup of about:config in case you don't like the results and follow the steps 1, 2 ,3 and 5. (under make firefox faster)

There's also a firefox preloader to make it start fast like chrome (link)
I tried it and now firefox is as fast as chrome!

So give firefox a second chance? I would!
(no, I'm not an advertiser lol)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'd still stick with Chrome. Thank you very much.
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

whooa21 wrote: There's also a firefox preloader to make it start fast like chrome (link)
Screw all preloaders to heck, I'd much rather wait a little bit longer for any program to start up than have it waste memory that could otherwise be used for something else. That is the one reason I don't like Google's crap or Adobe Reader, for that matter. I am not one for speed, I like reliability, and having everything I need right in front of me, so that I don't have to click 10 different things just to bring up my history, bookmarks, etcetera.
Sonic the Hedgehog is "Way Past Cool":guitar:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" Thomas Edison
"I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world." Thomas Edison
"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." Thomas Edison
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Sonicsky wrote:Screw all preloaders to heck, I'd much rather wait a little bit longer for any program to start up than have it waste memory that could otherwise be used for something else. That is the one reason I don't like Google's crap or Adobe Reader, for that matter. I am not one for speed, I like reliability, and having everything I need right in front of me, so that I don't have to click 10 different things just to bring up my history, bookmarks, etcetera.
First of all, it consumes only 30MB of memory, and you just click the normal firefox shortcut!
After all it's your choice! If you do the other things suggested, it will load pages faster (without the preloader)
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I don't know about how it is now, but for me, Firefox always had memory leak issues. Meaning the memory usage would go all the way up to 600mb (sometimes more) for no damn reason, without any plugins. o_o I'll take Chrome's memory usage kthx.

Also, Chrome having multiple processes of itself running actually ensures both reliability and speed. If one plugin crashes, the plugin crashes and not the entire browser. Same with individual tabs.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:If one plugin crashes, the plugin crashes and not the entire browser. Same with individual tabs.
As far as I know Firefox 15.0a1 does the same thing!