Chrome
36%
Internet Explorer
16%
Safari
4%
Opera
No votes
Other (Please remember to let us know which!)
4%

Total votes: 50

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Ah I see. Like I said I haven't used it in ages.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

I use both Firefox and Chrome but I chose Firefox above because it's the browser I use the most :D
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

I don't know how long ago you have used Firefox, but the most memory that version 13 has used was around 200mb of the virtual memory and about 100mb of physical memory. Firefox is split into two processes, firefox.exe and plugin-container.exe also flash runs in it's own process as well, (for my system, it's called flashplayerplugin_11_3_300_250.exe).
Sonic the Hedgehog is "Way Past Cool":guitar:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" Thomas Edison
"I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world." Thomas Edison
"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." Thomas Edison
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

whooa21 wrote:First of all, it consumes only 30MB of memory, and you just click the normal firefox shortcut!
After all it's your choice! If you do the other things suggested, it will load pages faster (without the preloader)
I have completely different settings for each system in the house,(family system is set cache as much as possible into memory but little to no use of the hard drive cache, and my gamer is more optimized towards making the extensions, and plugins run faster). There is no one "perfect" setting for all users, each person uses the browser differently and will find some settings more appealing than others. The best way to have Firefox run the way you want it to is to learn what each value and setting does under about:config.
So far, (from what I've seen) CCleaner does the best job of cleaning up Firefox and boosting it's performance. But the absolute best way of cleaning (anything) up is to do it manually (delete the cache, urlclassifier, startup cache, history, etcetera.
"I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world." Thomas Edison
"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." Thomas Edison
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Sonicsky wrote:There is no one "perfect" setting for all users, each person uses the browser differently and will find some settings more appealing than others. The best way to have Firefox run the way you want it to is to learn what each value and setting does under about:config.

So far, (from what I've seen) CCleaner does the best job of cleaning up Firefox and boosting it's performance. But the absolute best way of cleaning (anything) up is to do it manually (delete the cache, urlclassifier, startup cache, history, etcetera.
I totally agree! However CCleaner messed up my computer, and no, I knew what I was doing! I prefer doing everything manually, delete cookies, temp folder, windows temp e.t.c.
You should know that Firefox in Ubuntu is faster than chromium and consumes less memory!
Ubuntu has better memory management, better and more accurate filesystem and you can "plug and play" any Internal hdd! (and many many others) Not want to blame Windows, but that's why I switched to Linux.

PS: I only tested the preloader on a Win2K machine. I changed the settings on my Ubuntu machine.
PS 2: I'm running this:
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

That's a little weird that CCleaner of all programs messed up your system, considering how it will only cleanup things that won't mess things up (ex. the registry cleaner only cleans the part of the registry for the specific user account it's run on) but I have seen programs mess up before ( 0 gets swapped for a 1 and the whole system melts down :) ). You're definitely ahead of the "average" computer user when it comes to cleaning things up manually (especially if your using Windows Vista or Seven) Remmeber one other thing, clear out your event log occasionally (I've already seen a couple hundred thousand events just in the application log before). With linux, It can be awesome and completely stable or shitty and crash all the time, It all depends on the distro you get (I gave up on Ubuntu when they pretty much abbandoned us power users, I'm now trying to learn how to use Linux Mint as it is as close to what Ubuntu was but a little different in many aspects). A few distros That I've used over the years are Freespire, Yellow Dog, Red Hat, Slackware, Ubuntu, and Linux Mint. (some are free while others you have to pay for).

PS: If your still reading, sorry about the novel of text :wacko:
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Try using Debian!

And...yes, I read your novel (lol)
Sonicsky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonicsky »

Just tried it, overall it's an excellent system. Yet it's missing something, and I can't put my finger on it.
I'll keep playing around with it and see how much I can do as well as see how hard it is to crash it under different circumstances.
I'm actually liking the feel of MATE on Mint as well, pretty nice balance between aesthetics and power.

By the way, Your signature is "way past cool". :)
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Sonicsky wrote:By the way, Your signature is "way past cool". :)
Thanks!