What games have technically impressed you?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

The first game that really had me impressed technically was Outrun Arcade. The graphics and scaling effect was at the time awesome!
After that Virtua Fighter Arcade and Shenmue have been technically impressive. Both with graphics and gameplay. With the current generation I find it hard to be that impressed for some reason. But I think Bayonetta is ranking highest with it's gameplay features, graphics and funky music.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Shenmue [Dreamcast]: When I first got this game, I wasn't expecting much, but my expectations were blown out of the water, back in, then out again! This game was amazing! The graphics were just superb, considering the time it was released.

Gran Turismo 3 [Playstation 2]: I remember first playing this game and being totally amazed by the graphics, they were so lifelike, I don't think anything has surpassed this in terms of graphics, not even Shenmue.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Metal Gear Solid - In terms of redfining gaming, this did a bloody good job. It was completely different to any other game I'd ever seen before, the graphics were amazing, the music was wonderful, it was all pretty epic.

Killzone 2 - The graphics on this game were pretty kick-ass

Jet Set Radio Future - The graphics on this game were VERY kick-ass (it was the first time I'd ever seen cell shading in a game. Christ, this still beats most current-gen efforts in terms of presentation)

More recently, Hydrophobia's water effects have really impressed me, look forward to seeing that on release
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

A game that really impressed me was Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It was really good quality and the graphics were highly impressive, and the characters were very cool. It's also one of the LoZ games where saving Zelda was NOT the intent
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

The entire Uncharted series. Yes they are mainly a cinematic experience, but Naughty Dog doesn't forget the gameplay and makes it worthwhile, so it's no wonder why they are a frontrunner in the field these days.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Now I'm easy to please. I've always had a crappy computers so I recently got a proper computer and I'm literally wowing at every big game I see saying the graphics are amazing.

However, what I've been playing recently, The Talos Principle. Has definitely made me go wow. Not just as a graphical standpoint because the game does look beautiful, but as a story telling standpoint too. The game is puzzle first person like Portal at core and it does a great job at that no doubt. But it's the subtle story that is written and hinted at during the game that really gets me. The sense of suspense that not everything is as it seems. The questioning of humanity and all the philosophical talk and discussions like what it even means to be human. It really gives you a brain teaser if you let your mind open up to these sort of things.

Heck even the puzzles themselves can be so difficult but rewarding when found out and require you to think outside the box. Like this one puzzle that's one of the hardest puzzles in the game (Spoilers for puzzle solution.)
Click to reveal
It was rediculous and I had to look up a guide lol but never the less. wow.