Favorite Toddler Show

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...

What's your Favorite Toddler Show?

Barney the Dinosaur
No votes
Dora the Explorer
5%
Thomas the Tank Engine
27%
Wallace & Gromit
9%
Sesame Street
14%
The Muppets
No votes
Teletubbies
9%
Blue Clues
14%
Little Bear
No votes
Other
23%

Total votes: 22

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I'm right! Every Englishman needs to check this SHIT out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kub9yEFSxU

I'm still trying to think of a suitable execution for the perpetrators, but it would probably involve an irate Noel Edmonds and a pair of garden shears.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:I'm right! Every Englishman needs to check this SHIT out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kub9yEFSxU

I'm still trying to think of a suitable execution for the perpetrators, but it would probably involve an irate Noel Edmonds and a pair of garden shears.
To be fair the Fat controller's real name has always been "Sir Topham Hatt" (Even in the English version; I remember from when I was littler) and Ringo left after a couple of series in the English version so it's not too dramatic a change: The American voices would probably be there so they're not all wondering "Why do they all sound so weird...?"

However; it is a shock hearing other voices. ^__^""
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Kaito-kun wrote:To be fair the Fat controller's real name has always been "Sir Topham Hatt" (Even in the English version; I remember from when I was littler) and Ringo left after a couple of series in the English version so it's not too dramatic a change: The American voices would probably be there so they're not all wondering "Why do they all sound so weird...?"

However; it is a shock hearing other voices. ^__^""
could be worse. checked wiki and it said pierce brosnan did it as well. the hell lyk
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

I don't remember what cartoons I used to watc as a kid, but I know that I didn't watch Sesame Street, The Muppets, or Barney. I think the other shows listed came out when I was a little older, But I do still love to watch a bit of Wallace & Gromit ^_^
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Kaito-kun wrote:To be fair the Fat controller's real name has always been "Sir Topham Hatt" (Even in the English version; I remember from when I was littler)..
Nah you're Americanised brain is imagining it, he's never been called that in the real version.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Nah you're Americanised brain is imagining it, he's never been called that in the real version.
I can clearly remember Ringo Starr saying it. ¬_¬
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Nope never happened, you'll need a Youtube clip proving it or I've won the argument. The burden of proof is on your side here with an outrageous claim against Ringo's integrity like that.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Nope never happened, you'll need a Youtube clip proving it or I've won the argument. The burden of proof is on your side here with an outrageous claim against Ringo's integrity like that.
I don't think it's one of the Ringo Series' however; it's certainly the UK version and before they even changed the opening titles or made the (childhood destroying) switch to CGI.

Notice the name of the episode and the name of the Fat Controller's Wife:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBl3eMBBbWQ

Edit: Ringo saying it at 1:08.Checkmate.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Killer French Bread wrote:I heard that in America you didn't get Ringo Star as the narrator in Thomas the Tank, and they renamed everything. The Fat Controller was called something boring like the Hat Man, and they changed it to an American town. The cheek of the fuckers!
Nope. We did get Ringo Star for the first and second season.

Later on it was George Carlin who did season 3 & 4 and did a marvelous job. Everyone liked him so much that they went back and redid the first 2 seasons with him. Unfortunately he quit because he had to do a few comedy specials on HBO ect. (hes a famous comedian here.) but good timing to because the Thomas series started going down hill a few years later.

The Thomas series itself was NOT in an American Town it was still Sodor off the coast of England but during the time Thomas was part of another show called the Shinning Time Station which was live action and was in American Town. The reason they did this is because the thomas episodes are only 5-10 minutes long and they had to compete with Sesame Street, Barney ect so the added the Station where they did songs,educational crap to extend the time plus Americans didnt really know who Thomas was because the books didnt really take off here unlike England, so it was also a way to introduce Thomas.Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4LQNJ0JZg
How it worked was there was a Character called Mr.Conductor and during the show he would tell Thomas story to some kids and the episode would play.

After a few seasons they just got rid of Shining Time Station because the popularity went down after George quit and now they just play the Thomas Episodes.

NOW to the Topham hatt debate
.In a few episodes in the first 2 season starring Ringo Star The Fat Controller was called Sir Topham hatt, but somewhere down the line they started calling him the Fat Controller all the time but here in America we kept the name. He is also called Sir Toham Hatt in the stories if you read the background info.
Where did they call him that in the UK version? In probably the best known episode in the Thomas Series which was based on one of the first storys ever written about the trains http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSal5gIIqWA
They say his name in the UK version but says that everyone just calls him the Fat Controller.
Plus a few other episodes.
Heres the US version with Ringo Starr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZUigbV ... re=related
In the US version they don't mention the name The Fat Controller.

Heres the one starring George Carlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVZksSKOrI&feature=fvst
Killer French Bread wrote:Nah you're Americanised brain is imagining it, he's never been called that in the real version.
Yeah...Sorry to burst your bubble but its true lol xD His name has always been Sir Topham hatt it was just never mentioned alot in the UK versions just in the first few seasons and a few special episodes involving the character.

(WOOOO A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE :D)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^How much do you write man! Even I dont type that much when I am talking about sonic(Well I do, but only if I am TALKING with somebody about sonic and not typing)!

Anyway, Blue Clues wasn't bad eader. I used to watch the german version of the show (I watched it in satelite). A good show but suddenly they started to put the same single episode in the show and it was beggining to become boring, watching the same episode. I even remember the episode. It was the one with a box, and Blue and Stive imagined that it was different stuff like a rocket and etc. good show... but it was becoming BORING!