Favorite Toddler Show

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...

What's your Favorite Toddler Show?

Barney the Dinosaur
No votes
Dora the Explorer
5%
Thomas the Tank Engine
27%
Wallace & Gromit
9%
Sesame Street
14%
The Muppets
No votes
Teletubbies
9%
Blue Clues
14%
Little Bear
No votes
Other
23%

Total votes: 22

RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Favorite Toddler Show

Post by RWDebara »

What's you favorite toddler show when you were a toddler?

As in Toddler shows i mean shows aimed for children under the age of 5, educational, or very childish shows like Barney the Dinosaur.

Mines has to be Thomas the Tank Engine because unlike most of the shows during that time where they were just trying to teach you the alphabet,math,morals,etc Thomas was just telling a nice decent story involving all these different characters. Also the look the entire show was model trains and the setting were very detail models you can feel the hard work and creativity it took to make the show.

I must say a few weeks ago i searched him up to see how the show was doing since i havnt seen it since i was a child. What the hell happen? Now its in CGI, written very poorly,crappy music, and it took the route as the other shows by trying to be more educational.

But yeah whats you favorite toddler show and why did it leave a lasting mark on you?

Edit: I know Wallace & Gromit isn't really a Toddler show but almost all the people i have met loved the show the most when they were very young. Even though their were only around 4 episodes.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

Blue's Clues. That was my show. Then Steve left. Coincidentally, that's when I stopped watching the show. :P I still don't know if Blue was a boy or a girl. *Google...* Girl. Well, that contradicts what I had thought for, like, 14 years.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I don't remember any TV shows from when I was a kid. I think I spent more time climbing on stuff and visiting the A&E as a result :P

The only TV I remember are ones when I was 10-ish, like Sonic, Biker Mice from Mars, etc.

As an adult, I do love Spongebob a Hell of a lot though. Does that count? ^_^
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

ROSIE & JIM!!!!!!

i loved that show as a kid, i still love it today for a different reason ;)
Click to reveal
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

I have to say Sesame Street. I loved it, and it's tragic that today's kids in the UK can't grow up with it.

http://youtu.be/fhd8bcl7cdo: pinball scene. I remember this so clearly!

http://youtu.be/Ect-kgxBb4M: the first, and probably THE most patronising "One of these things is not like the others" sketch.

This post was brought to you by the letter B and the number 6.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Probably Wallace and Grommit, out of all the shows listed, Wallace and Grommit is probably the only show that I still like.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Wolfdemon59 wrote:What's you favorite toddler show when you were a toddler?

As in Toddler shows i mean shows aimed for children under the age of 5, educational, or very childish shows like Barney the Dinosaur.

Mines has to be Thomas the Tank Engine because unlike most of the shows during that time where they were just trying to teach you the alphabet,math,morals,etc Thomas was just telling a nice decent story involving all these different characters. Also the look the entire show was model trains and the setting were very detail models you can feel the hard work and creativity it took to make the show.

I must say a few weeks ago i searched him up to see how the show was doing since i havnt seen it since i was a child. What the hell happen? Now its in CGI, written very poorly,crappy music, and it took the route as the other shows by trying to be more educational.

But yeah whats you favorite toddler show and why did it leave a lasting mark on you?

Edit: I know Wallace & Gromit isn't really a Toddler show but almost all the people i have met loved the show the most when they were very young. Even though their were only around 4 episodes.
i know what u mean bout the cgi. i saw it myself and was like my childhood, its dead. and whats up wif all the new characters. back in the day it was 11 characters :(
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

I do have very fond memories of Thomas The Tank Engine, but for me, my favourite has to be Sesame Street. Cookie Monster and Count Von Count FTW!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

You forgot one thing... ADVENTURES OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!
I used to loved that when i was a kid although it never was played in the TV. But one of my friends had tapes of it and I watched them more than 10 times! It was fun how sonic and tails went around and defited Dr. Ro"Bot"nic from taking over the world and the two robots scratch and grounder trying to stop them (lol, I still remember their names). Was a good show and it was a nice tuch at the end when each time, sonic learned the children something.
But from all sonic shows, I must say SatAM was the best! Does that cound to? I mean, It was a cartoon. Although it had some "Mature :blush: " Stuff. Sonic X wasnt bad eader.

But I geuss for todler shows I would say AOSTH!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I heard that in America you didn't get Ringo Star as the narrator in Thomas the Tank, and they renamed everything. The Fat Controller was called something boring like the Hat Man, and they changed it to an American town. The cheek of the fuckers!
Tic Tac, sir?