Favorite Albums

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Favorite Albums

Post by MrEthernex »

So we've got a "What are you listening to now?" thread, but what about the albums that we absolutely love? Do you have an album that you consider the greatest or has a special place in your heart? It doesn't matter if it's mainstream or not. Just name the artist and album (year optional) and explain why you love it. It doesn't have to be a review, but it's okay if it is. :)

Daft Punk - Discovery (2001)
A very important album in my life. The reason why I listen to electronic today. A good friend of mine introduced me to Daft Punk back in, like, 2004, and bought me Discovery for my birthday a few years later. There is little for me to hate about this album. I could listen to any track no matter what mood I'm in. Some of my favorite tracks are "One More Time," "Aerodynamic," and "Voyager." Had my friend not told me about Daft Punk or bought me this album...now there's a scary thought. Truly an influential album in my life.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing..... (1996)
Here's a little gem that my same friend above told me about. DJ Shadow is hands down an instrumental hip-hop god. His debut album, Endtroducing....., is one of the greatest albums of its genre. The album is composed entirely of samples (with only a couple original samples, but that's nothing compared to literally hundreds of other samples). The album is an experience like no other. Tracks like "Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt" and "Midnight In A Perfect World" made me think and feel in a new way (sounds cheesy, but it's true). If I want to forget about the world around me, I listen to this. It is upbeat yet relaxed just enough to trance me out. DJ Shadow got me into instrumental hip-hop much like how Daft Punk got me into electronic, and just like Discovery, Endtroducing..... is an influential album in my life.

These albums will stay with me for my life.
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation - Funeral for a Friend

This is a bit of a weird one for me because I've had the same favourite album since 2003. I've been waiting for something to come along and grab my attention like this did but nothing ever did... It was the first CD/album I ever bought. I missed out on the opportunity to see them perform the album when they were touring it at the time, but as luck would have it they went on a small tour with the album again a couple of months ago as a farewell to a member leaving the band. I have to say, it was an amazing experience.

So the album's not perfect, but it's the little imperfections that I loved. I can't really pin-point exactly what it is about it, but it's one of those albums that I can listen to and have it take me back to a certain point in time.
AwelinTwelin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AwelinTwelin »

Are favorite albums are

30 seconds to Mars (This is War)
Shinedown (The Sound of Madness)
Nickleback (Dark Horse)
Avenged Sevenfold (City of Evil)
Avenged Sevenfold (A7X)
Breaking Benjamin (We Are Not Alone)
Breaking Benjamin (Phobia)
Breaking Benjamin (Dear Agony)
Metallica (Ride The Lightning)
Metallica (Master of Puppets)
Metallica (The Black album)
Metallica (S&M)
Metallica (Death Magnetic)
:guitar: :gottogo: :laugh:
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I LOVE all of Bentley Jones' albums that he has done from TRANS//LATION where it started to TRANS//LATION 3 where he recently finished and ALL of the 23+ albums in between