Sega Franchises You Would Like to See Return

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Sega Franchises You Would Like to See Return

Post by Tru »

Too many Sonic threads at the moment, so lets balance it out a little ;)

What previous Sega franchises would you like to see return, not counting current projects or new releases? Why? Do you think it would be profitable to bring said franchises back? Should certain games or series remain in the past?

There are quite a few I would love to see. PSO2 is now on the way, so that's one of my dreams fulfilled, but a new Skies of Arcadia would make me happy as well! A new Streets of Rage would be awesome too, although I would worry about it being made into a 3D game.

I'm sure I can think of others later ^_^
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I'd make a big squeal like a pig if they announced a new 2d Streets of rage on Xbla. I love the look of 2d games with the HD makeover. I'd make do with Streets of rage remake on there to be honest. I was massively impressed with that for a fan made game.

Most obvious one though would be Shenmue. I just want to know if and how many more sailors Ryu takes on in the story.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Too many Sonic threads at the moment, so lets balance it out a little ;)
Agreed; this is a SEGA site and not a Sonic site after all.
richarddavies wrote:I'd make a big squeal like a pig if they announced a new 2d Streets of rage on Xbla. I love the look of 2d games with the HD makeover. I'd make do with Streets of rage remake on there to be honest. I was massively impressed with that for a fan made game.
You mean like Capcom did with Final Fight?

Anyhoo, I suppose Jet Set Radio would be my choice. We all a love a little JSR now and then, don't we? ^__^
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I mean more like when a new game comes out that is 2d like Shank is the most recent example I can think of. Not the best of games but I loved the artwork. I just think new HD 2d games look great.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Let's see..

Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Space Harrier
Hang-On
Streets Of Rage
Shinobi (a 2D one)
Vectorman
Nights Into Dreams (the one for the Wii, wasn't it just a port? I could be wrong. I'm not really sure)
Golden Axe

Seriously, a Vectorman 3 would be EPIC

I also wouldn't mind seeing Virtua Figher 5 ported to PC :p PC doesn't have enough fighting games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I'd like to see a 2D golden axe

the one on ps2 make me sad :(
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Skies of Arcadia and Jet Set Radio.
I would also like to see a new Crazy Taxi and a GOOD 3D alter beast.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I would love to see Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, Jetset Radio, Virtua Cop and Daytona USA. If only one of them would return I would be more then happy!
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

wonder boy
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Some great suggestions!

I wouldn't mind seeing twists to older games, like a RPG version of Virtua Cop in a similar style to Alpha Protocol would be interesting.. Then again, they messed up Golden Axe, so maybe it's not such a good idea ^_^