Who is your favorite Non-Sega franchise?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

Crash Bandicoot
9%
Mega Man
4%
Marvel (Spider-man, Hulk, X-Man, etc...)
No votes
Mario
4%
Metroid
4%
LEGO
No votes
Halo
No votes
Call of Duty
No votes
Legend of Zelda
9%
Others (Plz state)
70%

Total votes: 23

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hi people! Now, before I get to the main topic, I just want to say that if you are wondering why "I" Have suddenly written a non-sonic related triend, I must say I dont know! :P I geuss Even the biggest Sonic Fan must take a brake. :)

Now anyway, I have made this tread because I want to know your favorite Non-Sega related Franchise. There are soooo many other franchises out there and I want to know yours. If you can, Please answere the poll above. Don't worry I will not Say anything bad about why you have chosen this particular franchise. I just want to know. :)

Personally, My Favorite Non-Sega franchise just has to be Crash Bandicoot! I just like him a lot. Crash is 95% pure Humor and with pure humor I dont just mean some cheap trick of somebody sliping on a banana peal. I mean real Funny stuff. Humor that is rarely seen in other games. Besides having most games of Sonic, I got most games of crash too and I have nearly played them and finished them all. I mean Crash Twinsanaty, Crash Mind over mutants and all the others are just greate! Not just the brawl games where you were on foot but also the racing games were fun too. And The ultimate game that combined these two Classics of Crash (Actual walk and brawl and the racing), Crash Tag Team Racing was one of the best yet! Now that I say only 95%, I dont mean the other 5% is bad. The other 5% is fun action and brawl and other good potentials.

Now I want to know yours, So feel free and write anything you want! :biggrin:
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I just want to say that if you aren wondering why "I" Have suddenly written a non-sonic related triend, I must say I dont know! :P I geuss Even the biggest Sonic Fan must take a brake. :)
We're very thankful. ^__^""

I'm quite partial to a bit of Street Fighter now and then; I wouldn't say it's a favourite, but it seems to be the one people around me are associating myself with these days.

*Looks up at poll* ... And anyone who chooses Call of Duty gets a banhammer in the face. (If I have the powers to do so anyway)
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I choose call of duty
Then i thought no because it was good now its full of 13 year olds hacking & ruining the game with commando lunging

(Please note, this had nothing to do with Kaitos statement :) )

so now i choose other and i choose Square/Final Fantasy

The early games rocked, then they got better & better (minus VIII) till 11 came around, i dont like the idea of a FF RPG being an MMORPG (plus the fact ive never been able to play it also put me off it) and since then its gone down hill sadly :( FF12 was whiney & FF13 was over hyped, although they have pulled some points back to me with Crisis core & Dissidia :)

as for FF14... no comment :(

also looking forward to Dissidia 2 =D Took me about 200 hours to nearly complete the 1st one (missing tedious drops off the 120/130 fights) so lets hope this is just as good
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

It's a close one between Final fantasy, Metal gear solid and the Resident evil series for me. Those 3 are just ingrained into my childhood. I love all 3 for different reasons and I think there all awesome. Saying that though i've not tried 13 yet and i've heard questionable things about it.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

richarddavies wrote:It's a close one between Final fantasy, Metal gear solid and the Resident evil series for me. Those 3 are just ingrained into my childhood. I love all 3 for different reasons and I think there all awesome. Saying that though i've not tried 13 yet and i've heard questionable things about it.
If its anything bad... its probably true

i am extremely disappointed in it, it isn't a bad game per se but its too linear & takes about 20hours for the story top get any good =/
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I'm a big fan of the Fable games, one of the only series that I can play over and over without getting bored. Looking forward to Fable 3, which I'm sure will steal weeks of my life.

I quite like the Elder Scrolls games as well. I've only played Morrowind and Oblivion, but those too, are games which I can pour massive amounts of time into and wonder where it all went.

I guess I'm more of a western RPG fan than a JRPG fan.

That said, I am partial to the Zelda series as well, probably my favourite Nintendo franchise.

I like the odd game here and there, but no company really has my devotion as much as Sega does.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Any Valve games <3
Half-Life
Team Fortress
Portal
etcetcetc :D
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Well, on my case, I'm generally the kind of guy that enjoys games if they're playable, have good story and etc. Example being, the Resident Evil and Odin Sphere series.

But my favorite non-SEGA (or Sonic) franchise has to go for the Monkey Island series. I've played the remake of the first one, due to me never playing it, I dunno even why I didn't, and the story and the characters are perfect!

And I'd say Duke Nukem, but that wouldn't count until Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
I live here now!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I loved the Wipeout games and used to have them all, but I haven't played the new ones on the PS3 and PSP. Either Championship.Football Manager or Pro Evo deserve it when I consider total playing time - when my life flashes before my eyes I'm sure half of it will be clicking through lists of cheap south american left wingers.

I like Duke Nukem, though have only really played 3D; didn't get into the series when they were a 2D platformers.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kingdom Hearts by far...Just love evrything bout it. Also like the Megaman Battle network series. Played all of them and loved them all :)