Favourite SEGA game you have ever played.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Shadid

Favourite SEGA game you have ever played.

Post by Shadid »

Well, here's a tough question to all SEGA fans, past, present or future. This was one of the missing threads from the wipeout, and it deserves a comeback. So, I ask your SEGA knowledge: What was THE definite, THE best and THE most astonoshing game you have ever played that has been developed/Published by SEGA?

For me, well, since it's a tough one, It has to go OR to Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master on the Mega Drive/Genesis OR to Streets of Rage (on the same console) OR NiGHTS into Dreams... for the Saturn. All these 3 game made me who I am today, and what company I believed the most. Not just Sonic. Because SEGA knew back then how to create games. The music in Shinobi 3 was phenomenal. The combos of the fun-filled Streets of Rage was incredible. And the magic, the gameplay, and the story on NiGHTS was just over the edge. SEGA may be dead today (well, SEGA of Japan, since it had to associate to Sammy Holdings in order to survive), but they try to keep that magic and insert it into newer games. Phantasy Star went really over the edge when it was only an RPG that soon became an spectacular MMO. Or OutRun, with the arrival of the official sequel and special editions, it made the OutRun we once knew, but with enhanced graphics.

Now it's YOUR turn, RS Family! Time to collaborate with our SEGA-natic minds. 8D
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast or possibly Scramble Spirits on the Master System.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Phantasy Star IV, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5 and Golden Axe are all up there.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Revenge Of Shinobi, ESWAT: City Under Seige, Streets Of Rage 1 & 2, Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Sonic 2, Sega Rally, Virtua Cop 1, 2 & 3, House of The Dead 1, 2 & 4, Jet Set Radio Future, Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka, Decap Attack, Alien Storm, Outrun 1 & 2, After Burner Climax, Wonder Boy 3, Wonder Boy In Monster World, Castle Of Illusion, Land Of Illusion, Quackshot, Kid Chameleon...

I could go on forever...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Yeah, there are just too many, I could never single it down to just one. Maybe one or two per console? ;)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles will probably always remain my favourite though, although that's only because of the history we have. But the most innovative and most played is definitely Phantasy Star Online for me.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Yeah, there are just too many, I could never single it down to just one. Maybe one or two per console? ;)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles will probably always remain my favourite though, although that's only because of the history we have. But the most innovative and most played is definitely Phantasy Star Online for me.
Well, even IF we did a one or two per console, it'd still be hard to name one, there are too many good SEGA games released on their consoles. XD

And good choices there, Tru! I enjoyed S3&K too, as it was one of the first games I played when I was just a little toddler, and I have to be honest. When I got into the Phantasy Star Online series, it was when I started playing PS Universe. Yes, even if I mentioned it in the first post, I never played PSO. I should fix that with PSO2.
I live here now!
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

sonic the hedgehog 2. anything involving the blue speed demon and the number 2 always an awesome game
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Shockerbey wrote:sonic the hedgehog 2. anything involving the blue speed demon and the number 2 always an awesome game
True. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Advance 2 were also winners! I'd also include Sonic Rush Adventure, but that title doesn't have the number 2 in it.

And what about Sonic Triple Trouble? Sonic & Tails 2 in Japan. Not as good as the aformentioned games but it was a fun game too.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I Know my Favorite SEGA game ever. And I still love it.
My Favorite, Sonic Adventure DX! One Of my First Sonic Games I ever played, I dont know which sonic game is my first. It's eader Sonic 1, SaDX or Sonic 3. But anyway, Since I never played S3&K (SINCE I CANT FIND IT), My favorite game was, is, ans will be Sonic Adventure DX. I just loved that game alway. I have played that game more than 10 times and finished it. I am still playing it but this time I am planing to finish it 120%!!! I just love that game! Playing all that much Made my CD brake down and I was so frostrated that I couldn't play it anymore. I just wanted it soo much BUT finally, one day I found it in Sonic PC Collection! Ofcaurse the other 4 games were useless(Sonic riders, S Mega Colection Plus and Sonic Heroes) Since I allready have them but I just needed Sonic Adventure DX and I am sooooo happy that I got it again! I am still playing It! GO SONIC!!!!!! :guitar:
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Somewhere between Rez, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, and Phantasy Star.