Favorite Cartoon and Channel?

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...

Whats Your Favorite Cartoon Channel?

Cartoon Network
56%
Nickelodeon
No votes
Disney
No votes
Other
44%

Total votes: 18

RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Favorite Cartoon and Channel?

Post by RWDebara »

Now moving away from your favorite toddler show, whats your favorite Cartoon when you were a child and what Cartoon channel was your favorite? You don't have to pick a Cartoon on the same channel and you can name a channel that didn't focus on Cartoons but had a segment for it like WB.

Im doing a poll for the channels since their isn't many, i can't do one for cartoons since their so god damn many great ones.

Im just going to put the big three on the poll (CN,Nick,Disney) plus "other"(Didnt put some other channels because alot has changed over the years). Just tell us what the other is for example: WBkids. Also tell us your favorite cartoon and why?

Lets see if we remember a show we forgot and get slapped by nostalgia.
(Ill put my response later)
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I loved Garfield & Friends when it was on. I now own all 5 DVD volumes and still watch it. Hillarious and I quote the show once and a while. Except I haven't done it here. Yet.

I also enjoyed Bugs n' Daffy. It was basically a half-hour version of The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show with less emphasis on Tweety that aired on Kids' WB. The episode selections for Bugs n' Daffy I thought were fantastic. Honestly, I thought it was a mistake to not revive that show as well as Animaniacs (Not a big fan of that show, but I'm in the minority) when they struggled to get good shows on before having to sell their programming block to 4Kids.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Well, in the UK it was either whatever was on CBBC, CITV or Channel 4. Never had any of those fancy channels, only discovered them when I was 16 and that's cos my boyfriend at the time had a well off family that could afford it :P

Saturday morning TV is where it was at. I loved Sonic, mostly, as that is what I grew up on.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Never had any of those fancy channels, only discovered them when I was 16 and that's cos my boyfriend at the time had a well off family that could afford it :P
XD These channels aint fancy here, their basic channels.
I did try to look for some channels from the UK since i know the majority of the users here are from England but i wasn't able to find any, only the UK versions of these channels XD (You guys may edit the poll to add any main UK channels.)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Y'know, being English and everything, I would've added Fox Kids to that poll, as well as CBBC, cITV and Channel 4 as Tru mentioned.

Of those options up there though, I watched Nickelodeon more than the others, although Cartoon Network would've been a close second.
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

I watched a lot of cartoons when I was young like Spongebob, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, etc.

I watched Sonic X when it came out in 2003 and I still watch it some Saturday mornings.

No Regrets!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well, to be onest when I was a chlid, my mom always had work to do and I had to watch satelite all day and for some reason I never watched english cartoons. I always watched German (Right now, I can also speek German). I used to watch two main channles. Super RTL and RTL II. What I just loved to watch in Super RTL was Sonic Underground. I even remember the day when Super RTL annouced that they were going to play Sonic Underground mondays. I was jumping all around the house and telling my mom, who was talking to her friend, "MOM! SONIC IS ON TV!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!" :lol: :P ! Oh good times... -_-
I also liked RTL II. They always put good tv shows like One Peace or Yu-Gi-Oh. Too bad these days, you have to pay for Super RTL so I cant watch it, but I can still watch RTL II.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Gavvie wrote:Y'know, being English and everything, I would've added Fox Kids to that poll, as well as CBBC, cITV and Channel 4 as Tru mentioned.
I was going to put Fox Kids and WBKids but those channels changed alot over the years here. Fox Kids no longer exist in Miami only if you order Jetix on Satellite and WBKids just moved all its programs to Cartoon Network.

We don't have CBBC, CITV, or Channel 4 here and i couldn't find it on google. You can add those to the poll if you want. I tried to do my research but wasn't able to find English channels when i was making this poll.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Toonami anyone??

also i used to watch a lot of Dragonball Z, Hey Arnold etc
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote: I also liked RTL II. They always put good tv shows like One Piece
*Hi-Fives* I'm starting to like you, kid.
Matty wrote:Toonami anyone??
Toonami was cool until they re-branded overnight and went from being cool kids action animation/anime channel and just became...something not so good.

Jetix had some awesome stuff though: Megaman NT Warrior, Sonic X, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

Well...I say awesome...