Mac
30%

Total votes: 20

Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Ignore SD
hes actually likes Norton Internet Security so his points are irrelevant ;)

and i cant believe you've had a bad experience virus wise with XP

I'll admit it isn't perfect, but unlike vista i could update my free 1 years MS Office trial & still retain functionality (yes it came up that my copy of office isn't genuine after installing the office service packs) I've had no viruses on XP... well just the one i got from a bad psp app and that was before i installed MSE and even then all it did was tamper with IE (which i don't use)

And Captain, you might have had faulty hardware, ive got XP running smoothishly (not fast but decent enough) on a 1Ghz P3 with 576mb sd ram & 64mb ATI AGP graphics, that pc is now about 12 years old & still runs well (came with Win 98)

I did have the 7 beta installed alongside Xp & Vista but XP ruined that for me when the boot loader got corrupted (NTLDR is missing) and thus i couldn't be arsed to faf about repatching 7 back in

it did feel nice but they've removed synth sound emulators from it and so the FME emulators i use have sound issues on older machines & that puts me off switching (only solution is run XP in a virtual pc, but why do that when i can still use XP properly?)

I may give 7 another go as it is a large improvement on 7 & i can stand Vista..... just about
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Nope, hardware's fine. That PC is now at my family's house. It's slow due to lots of security and the latest service packs.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I actually have been working with Mac's for a year and a bit now and I do prefer Mac's more. Of course that hasn't stopped me from using boot camp for XP for Mame and all that goodness that comes with windows. I haven't tried Windows 7 yet (I'm waiting for work to give me a copy) but the design of it looks great. But for me its now Mac. Build quality is great, i have never had the need to re-install the OS (a thing that i would do a lot with Windows XP as the OS seems to build up so much crap) and all those little things with OSX such as Spaces and STICKIES!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

In all fairness I've never had to reinstall or otherwise worry about he XP on my Samsung NC10 in the two years I've owned it.
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

I use a MacBook Pro because I'm a rich elitist.

JK.

I use it because it allows me to quickly do the tasks I need to do (school, videos, photos, music, internet, etc).

I used PCs up until I was 16.

No Regrets!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I use both PCs and MACs. At work I'm forced to use a PC. At home, I got my recently bought iMac. Vista did it for me (sorry, SD) and after lots of people told me about how a MAC was worth a look, I changed to Apple's machine.
I must say I'm completely pleased with my iMac and my Macbook and no, I'm not a rich elitist (stupid, perhaps, but not stupid :P ).
Bottom line, it IS faster and it IS safer. At least, to the extent of my experience.
So, MAC or PC? MAC all the way!