Mac
30%

Total votes: 20

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Nyammy Spoon wrote: I voted for Mac because Apple have put the rival thing behind them and now officially allow Windows and Microsoft Office to be installed on Mac machines.
Actually one of the earliest versions of Word was made for Macs before the first version of Windows was released. ^__^"" Microsoft have even have a special Mac development team since 1997 called the Macintosh Business Unit which at the moment is the largest Mac software development company outside of Apple.
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

Kaito-kun wrote:Actually one of the earliest versions of Word was made for Macs before the first version of Windows was released. ^__^"" Microsoft have even have a special Mac development team since 1997 called the Macintosh Business Unit which at the moment is the largest Mac software development company outside of Apple.
So.... why don't Microsoft do the same?
Surely they'd make more money if they allowed Mac software to be run on Windows?

(Psst, you're so knowledgeable <3)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

There is Apple software that's made for Windows: iTunes, Quicktime, Safari and Apple Software Update are all available on PC. Neither company has ever really said "You can't make any software for our OS" it's just that neither of them wants to give away too many exclusives, just like with consoles really.
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

But what I mean is, you don't need a 'Mac version' of Windows to have Windows on a Mac. You buy an ordinary version of Windows and install it, whereas you need 'Windows versions' of Mac stuff to use it on a PC. I don't really understand business so I kind of want to know why Apple allow Microsoft products on their systems. So more people buy Macs knowing they can have Windows on it?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

That's only true if you're installing the Windows operating system on a Mac via bootcamp and then installing programs onto Windows, if you wanted to install Microsoft Office onto a Mac without using bootcamp you would have to buy the Macintosh version of Microsoft Office.
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

That's very true. :o Can't argue with you there.

Although, I've always wanted Microsoft to create something similar to Bootcamp for PCs. That'd be pretty convenient. :o
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Nyammy Spoon wrote: Although, I've always wanted Microsoft to create something similar to Bootcamp for PCs. That'd be pretty convenient. :o
There's not really any need to make any specialized software like Bootcamp when it comes to Windows PCs; you can just go ahead and install an OS like linux right over the top of Windows without the need of a special program to jigger around with hard disk partitions before you do so like Bootcamp does for Macs.
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

Kaito-kun wrote:There's not really any need to make any specialized software like Bootcamp when it comes to Windows PCs; you can just go ahead and install an OS like linux right over the top of Windows without the need of a special program to jigger around with hard disk partitions before you do so like Bootcamp does for Macs.

But I like that Bootcamp partitions the hardrive. I made my Windows partition on my Mac 3 times the size of my Mac OS partition and I use it for FFXIV and soon, Guild Wars 2. My Mac OS partition is more my homework, media work and just casual browsing.

It would be confusing juggling both operating systems at the same time for a computer illiterate person like me. :3
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

When you put it like that, then yes; it would be handy to have in order to make it easier, however it's not as much as necessity as it's a little easier to go from PC to other OS than Mac to other OS.
SegaMark
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SegaMark »

:biggrin:

Everyone knows my answer, and why?

- Expose
- Time Machine
- Spaces
- Security
- Build quality

...everything is better, really. I hate having to touch Windows machines since I switched to OS X.
GAME OVER, YEAH!